My First ABT's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bbquzz

Master Chef
I've never done ABT's and they were on my to-do list. The first time I saw them done was one of Surfinsapo's videos. So I kind of imitated his.

I gathered all the ingredients and got ready to do the prep work. I did St. Louis ribs the other day and had scraps. I put them in the crock-pot and cooked them down and chopped them up so I had meat for the ABT's. I used Hoochie Mamma Rub, a Texas product in honor of JamesB, from Texas.

It is Saturday and the clock struck noon, so it was time to break out the beer. I switched from sharp cheddar to grating some pepper-jack. I also had a real problem coring the peppers. Seems I'm left handed and the process is for right handed people. After a little learning curve and an extra dozen peppers I got it down.

I did not have the exotic tool SS had to stuff the peppers so I used a cheapo cookie press I got on line. It worked okay.

Wrapped them.

On the OTG for about an hour an a half at 275° - 325°.

Ready to eat.

I am pretty please with my first effort.

Nice job, I've been craving those lately. Last time I made them I put the filling in a ziplock and cut the corner off so it was easy to squeeze in.

Justaguy said:
Nice job, I've been craving those lately. Last time I made them I put the filling in a ziplock and cut the corner off so it was easy to squeeze in.

If I would have asked or thought of that I would have saved $14.00 ... I'm learning :) Ask first spend later.

Puff said:
Those look great!
I need to get one of those little racks.

Thanks Puff! This is a Steve Raichland rack and the price was right but it is too small. Holds 18 which is fine, but they are too close together, as you can see they are really crowded, and kind of falling over. I have seen folks on this forum who have made or bought much better racks. I wish I had paid more and gotten a more spacious rack.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom