Cyber Q II on a Mac

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bbquzz

Master Chef
If you are a techie and a Mac person this may be of interest .. if not go to another post.

The BBQ Guru Cyber Q II is for foodies who have as much interest in computers as food. The challenge for me was the Cyber Q II is not made to work with the Macintosh OSX operating system. So using the Boot Camp program to make my MacBook Pro laptop run Windows XP the CyberQ II works. Add to that a PC program called TightVNC to the laptop and a Mac program called Chicken of the VNC to my desktop iMac I am able to monitor my pit from my desktop computer. As with any good techie curiosity got the best of me and yes there was an iPhone VNC program and now I can check and control my pit from my iPhone.

I still need to learn all the features of the Cyber Q II and that involves cooking, which then involves eating, my third favorite pass-time.

These pictures are of both computers on my desk. In real use the laptop will need to be by the pit. To get around this I will use a wireless USB hub so I do not have to leave my laptop out in the Ohio cold.

Here are both computers the iMac Running Mac OSX and the MacBook Pro running Windows XP.

I just love the names developers come up with.

Here the iMac is mirroring the Cyber Q II dashboard.

Last picture is the Cyber Q II dashboard.

I'll try to document my first cook and learning how to utilize the Cyber Q II sometime this next week if you have any interest. I'm hoping unlike buying new clubs to improve my golf game, the the Cyber Q II will improve my food, but I really think only time and experience will do that :D

If for some reason you don't know you can find out all about the Cyber Q II at http://www.thebbqguru.com/

Meat...

Fire & Smoke....

Eat....

Who would have thought the computer age would ever
work it's way in to my one simple enjoyment in life of
cooking with fire. :cry:

I can hear men all over the world in 10 years complaining
that they can not possibly BBQ the steak for supper because
either the computer has crashed or the power is out
:roll:

SJ, since it DOES NOT affect YOUR cooking at all what do you care? You can do it your way and Buzz can do it his way...Perhaps you didn't notice that technology has already taken over the world...about 10yrs ago! :roll: ;)

Lets see. I have a bag of lump, a book of matches, a chimney, some wood,and a WSM. Guess I'm all set. It would be cool to fool around with one of those gadgets, but I'm the guy that bought a Thermapen not too long ago. :LOL: George at adventuresinheat.com was thinking about stocking them at the store. I might be able to play with one on his dime. ;)

Pigs

Greg Rempe said:
SJ, since it DOES NOT affect YOUR cooking at all what do you care? You can do it your way and Buzz can do it his way...Perhaps you didn't notice that technology has already taken over the world...about 10yrs ago! :roll: ;)

Without technology..... we wouldn't have this terrific gathering spot

But you're right, technology is the power of the world. I would never
had thought my tire pressure on my truck would be visible on the
instrument panel inside while driving, or that my woodstove would have
a catalytic converter built in and it re-burn the gases in it's own smoke.

My comment wasn't meant as a "bust" to his software program, but
instead meant as a HOLEY CRAP to the fact technology has even reached
out to cooking with fire.

Back
Top Bottom