20 pounds boudin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hillbilly1

Sous Chef
Made up 20 pounds a boudin taday an used the new mixer, which works great!

img_203737_0_c5aed8cd511170dfd4a92003265b3fa8.jpg

Boned out pork butts.

img_203737_1_914e909f019f4f44d4ca1029976bad10.jpg

The completed #32 grinder makin short work a 20 pounds a boudin!

img_203737_2_2b7d5f5ee8001d23a5ca070529f0866c.jpg

The boudin in the mixer.

img_203737_3_a8425679722e4538a3c175ddabb5d356.jpg

The stuffed an linked boudin.

img_203737_4_f6e65f04e60570c639a7fbbbb50d60d0.jpg

The whole batch linked an ready fer the fridge. We'll be eatin some an freezin some. Were thinkin bout startin up a sausage supply business, the seasonin fer this would more en likely be one we'd offer up fer sale.

Dang you been busy Senor Hillbilly. Looks mighty yummy. I hope you remember the pork liver..or at least chicken liver. Liverless boudan is like eating a peanut butter sandwich without no peanut butter on it. Don't make me come up there. Next time make the links a little longer. Foot long is typical. Also as it was explained to me by an old cowpoke at the beer joint.."aint nobody ever made Boudan with enough black peppa in it." So assume yours was lacking a bit too. :LOL:

bigwheel

PS..That hand driven meat mixer would make a person a real good trotline weight down at the catfish hole. I had the 40 pound model (which looks to be the same as yours) and it drove me crazy. You tried washing one of them crazy thangs? No thanks. I just use my hands. Try the beef middle casing for Boudan. Works great and makes it nice n fat like it supposed to be.

Thanks bigwheel, I bungered up my left hand an can't mix meat by hand no more, so had ta get the mixer to keep makin sauasage.

There be a fair amount a pepper in that batch! I'll make the links longer fer my own use, some a this is "Samples" fer the northern folk round here ta see ifin they gonna buy any.

Hillbilly....I'm seeing now what all that good work on the meat grinder was for a while back ;)
Go for it with that business idea...if you don't...you'll always wished you had. Start out small & let the business grow itself. If you have to cut & run......you've still accumulated enough goodies & equipment to continue enjoying a rewarding pasttime! IMHO

8)

Well sure sorry to hear of that buggered up hand deal. You feel free to use that crappy old meat mixer all ya want:) Boudan was a bit of a nemesis for me. I neva could make it as good as whut I bought in the store..which was the eggxact opposite of comparing other ho made varieties. Then it dawned on me Boudan aint nuttin but dirty rice which some coonass got drunk and forgot to stuff it in a gut. Then it got a new name. Just a theory I got of course. I am still too lazy to make it myself. That is just slightly less labor intensive than making hot tamales which is a total nightmare for us unsophisticated non-mamacita type folks. :shock:

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom