Ok, I admit, I'm a little worried right now...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ

Master Chef
No worry, we all have been there. Here it is about 1:30 am and I'm thinking about throwing a butt on. Hay, why not. Got 20 pounds of lump, pork butt, plenty of wood, and a 30 pack of blues. Oh yea, got some good cigars too. Sounds like a plan to me. Will take pics.

Pigs

You might want to do a search for "High Heat Brisket". It will save you a considerable amount of time. The end results are just as good, if not better than low & slow.

Al

You are taking this WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too seriously dude... if the temp spikes 25 degrees.... so what... bring it down... don't panic dude... it will turn out ok... it is a hunk of meat, not your baby girl... just calm down and take it in stride

you'll be fine, everyone will enjoy it and you will be the hero.

Sounds to me like your not consuming enough alcohol during your cook.. Some of my best cooks have had radical temp spikes or lows. Just breathe and have another drink !

john pen said:
Sounds to me like your not consuming enough alcohol during your cook.. Some of my best cooks have had radical temp spikes or lows. Just breathe and have another drink !

Yep....What he said :LOL: :D

8)

man, I need a drink just reading this thread!

BBQ is art, not science.

Grab a 12 pack and enjoy the ride down the road
to pit master!

Fryar Tuck, I agree calm down. This is supposed to be fun not work, you will not screw it up. I do think you need to move that WSM to the top of your short list it is far easier to control and won't break the bank. Just click the Amazon link above and pull the trigger. Hang in there :)

Fryar-

I understand. I'm kinda like this too. So, not sure what your cooking on, but a good idea to get a WSM with a Guru attached to run it. Is that needed for most (like Gary), no. But for those of us that want to stare at a temp and have a 5 degree range, you can't go wrong.

That said. Your brisket teamp WILL fluctuate. I've had them drop 10 degrees, I've had them stall for 8 hours, and I've had no plateau at all. When I'm at comps, I don't even take the brisket temp until the morning so I don't stress about it.

Finally, if you wrap at 158 or 175 or never wrap it will still turn out ok. So, don't stress over that too much.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom