Name that knife

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
I was watching Modern Marvels on HC about butchers and just for a moment I saw a butcher using a circular knife to remove fat from a primal cut.

It was round and about 3" in diameter and it had a handle on it. The cutting edge was on the inside of the radius and it was drawn across the meat to remove strips of meat or fat.

It looked like an oil filter wrench from hell. PERFECT. Goggle comes up empty.

Any ideas ?

Maybe it was one of these products: http://www.bettcher.com/Processwhiz.htm

SkinPatchPork.jpg

They even have a couple of video clips showing them in action.

(Google "defatting knife")

Thanks Larry. That is exactly what I saw. I tried a cheese cutter on a brisket one time thinking that I could get the results that one of these knives get.

Every time I come up with and idea........Someone has already thought of it.

Be curious to know how much that whiz bang tool costs, :shock: with all the needed attachements, :idea: AND, how long it would take to pay for it's scientific, wizbang ,geekness :?

My sentiments eggxactly cept for the nature of the beastes. Looks it for some high volume production line work. Would chose the word professional over geekiness. Might prevent a big company from getting sued over capral tunnell syndrome etc. Now there is a theory which abounds which indicates if a person can afford to buy a particular item the seller includes the sales price in the advertisement. Notice the price on that fancy gizmo was missing? Thats a bad sign I think.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom