Knife sharpening

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
How many of you sharpen you own knives? I'm trying to learn and have bought a " Nortons Whetstone Kit" with 4 different grits. I still need some ceramic rods and a leather belt...I saw a guy fillet a red fish with one hand with a Dexter Russel fillet knive and it went through like butter. He said to get whetstones and learn to sharpen..

Thanks in advance Centralites!!

S.S.

I use the same thing on my everyday knives, ceramic on my huntin knives and a good steel on my Forschners. I used to sell custom hand made knives and still have one new fillet knife kickin around. If interested, I'll send pics.....would go for $140
dj

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
This is what I use. Quick, easy, and gets the job done.
http://www.amazon.com/Knife-Sharpener-H ... y_hg_img_a

Pigs

I got 3 carbon stones ta get a good edge goin, then onto two different Arkansas wet stones, then just keep the edge with a good steel. Ya gotta be carefull with them knives!

Thanks yall... Maybe Greg can have a knife sharpener on the radio show someday....

ScottyDaQ said:
Cliff H. said:
I have great difficulty keeping knives sharp.
Do you hone them with a steel before each use?

Yep! Buy a steel and then you'll keep your edge alot longer. My dad use to sharpen his (Forschners) on 2 differet stones w/ oil about once a year. I still remember hearing that distinct sound! damn that was a long time ago. :shock: :)

I bought steel and love it. But mines not diamond.... :cry:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom