Texas...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
Well, so far, Ive been impressed with Texas.. We flew into Dallas on Monday, then drove down to Galveston. Spent a few days there and came up wed. Galveston was real blue collar. A lot of working people and CHEAP beer. I never payed more than 3.00 for a beer there no matter where we were and usually they were 2 or 2.50. We found a cool bar that had a pool in it..nice views there..Ate some good Q at a hole in the wall joint where all the city workers and cops were eating. I had ribs and they were good. It was my first time eating non sweet bbq sauce. Temp for the few days was between 92 and 102. Wed we went to the Johnson Space Center / NASA and did the whole tourist thing there. Spent most of the day and saw some cool stuff. Today we did Cabela's and Fort Worth. had an awesome steak at H3's and a bunch of cheap beers. We are in Dallas now, and back to tourist reality. 5 dollar beers at the hotel..uuuggghhh... And the hotel is full of "gamers"..little rats here for a HALO convention. They are everywhere running around and yelling ....Did I mention cheap beer ??? Life is good.

I love Texas Great place to spend a vacation
Now Big Wheel dont care fer it but
The yardbird at Babes is dang good

I love it here and plan to stay as long as I can... Glad you are having fun!! :D

Ya might waqnt to try some authentic TexMex fore ya leave!! Sounds like yur havin a good time, Enjoy!, food, beer and hospitalty rarely gets any better.
dj

The Nurse drags you back from the line...the medic patches you up and the corpsman takes you back to the boat. Think I got it. Life is way to short to live in Dallas. I even got the T Shirt which says it so it got to be right. Glad to hear you found God's Country enjoyable.

bigwheel

I just saw on another forum a guy who was doin a bunch Q'n there.....At the HALO 3 gamer thing..........oh man thats gotta be geek-4-u.com central! I gotta admit Im a HUGE Halo 3 player. (I didnt say I was good, I said I play alot..) :oops: Sounds like a real good time! Enjoy it while your off.. itll be back to the grind soooon!

DJ said:
Ya might waqnt to try some authentic TexMex fore ya leave!! Sounds like yur havin a good time, Enjoy!, food, beer and hospitalty rarely gets any better.
dj

Yeah try the texmex

The Gamer thing was huge..Top prize was $250,000. Apparently some had big time coorperate sponsers.

Well, anyway..Went to an awesome mexican rest on Saturday night. I had fish tacos that were very good. So, all in all, my Texas impression was: Galveston was a riot, will definetly go back there for a 3 day weekend... NASA was a good way to spend a day and pretty interesting, Fort Worth would be a good 1 day place to abuse my liver, and Dallas was neat to see, but prob wouldn't go out of my way to go back. Never had a bad meal all week and drank a lot of cheap Coronas.

Back
Top Bottom