Fake Burnt Ends (Posting on behalf of Captain Morgan)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
(Cappy here..I've reposted pics at the end of the thread.)

Jim is having computer problems and is unable to access BBQ Central, so I am posting this on his behalf.

Jim cooked these chuck roasts in the smoke using hickory and white oak between 275º-300º until they hit 160º, then cubed and simmered in a mixture of SBR's, Scotts and Rev Marvins for about an hour and a half until tender, but not falling apart.

no. I'm using a proxy that is slower than dial up. My IT guy has run
this computer to China and back, and we're not done yet.

On top of that, I had water pipe burst this morning, so I'm sitting here
with furniture everywhere and 6 industrial fans blowing. I CAN HARDLY HEAR YOU!

That whole fan thing gets old really quickly. My hearing was finally getting back to normal after our last flood and the fan noise, when I came downstairs to the office to the computer to check for the latest posts on BBQ Central when . . . gasp . . . no it couldn't be . . . %(#&(*)_$% WET FEET! In this house, that can only mean one thing . . . another flood. heavy sigh

I hope for a quick recovery for you and your home. I also hope that you find the perfect replacement carpet/furniture/wallcovering, etc, and that your insurance coverage is outstanding!

Fake burnt ends look good Cappy, how did they compare to the real thing? And sorry to hear about the busted pipe, never a fun thing when water is involved.

You may be having computer problems.... but its obvious you are not having cooking problems! Those look mighty tasty!

Nice...

Griff said:
Jeez Morgan, having the handicapped guy do the heavy lifting for you. ... tsk ... tsk

Oh shit, they have you in on the crip jokes now! We're all doomed! :LOL:

Cappy, not sure what happened to the original pic's in the initial post, but I've reposted them for you! Sorry

Back
Top Bottom