Worst Father's Day...EVER

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Bubba

Executive Chef
My dad lost his battle with cancer at 2:36pm today. He was surrounded by his family and died very peacefully and without pain. He was able to receive last rights last week and give his final wishes. You can prepare yourself mentally for the day but when you see their very last breath it still is one of the most painful things I have ever seen. I'd like to thank everyone for their support and prayers throughout his battle. You guys are the best!!

I may pull out of Boston Hills Contest this week. Not sure yet but we'll see how things go and where I am mentally. I'm sure dad would want me to do what I felt comfortable with and that's exactly what I'll do.

One word of note...it was really great 2years ago when I got my GC at Franklin...both parents were there to see the awards ceremony...a very special moment.

Deepest condolences and prayers of comfort and joy headed upwards for Dad...family and friends.

bigwheel

Sry for your loss bubba, on 5/9/7 my family had to endure the same thing, I wont go into details cause this is your families time, just wanted to let ya know that someone out here knows what its like.
In stiller ruhe means in quiet rest ... the german version of rest in peace, this is what I did in memory of him.

And if ya feel like ya want to do the contest ya should do it, might help to keep busy but like ya said see how ya feel. Im sure everyone heres thinking about ya and I know I havent been at the site that long so I hope I didnt overstep.

tat.jpg

So very sorry to hear. Prayers for you and your family through this trying time forthcoming.
dj

Sorry to hear this Kevin, my prayers are with you and your family. Trust that your Dad is in a better place and that his suffering is over.

Sorry ta hear ya lost yer dad bubba, time will lesson the pain, but it will never go away, I found it heps ta remember the goods times ya shared, his pain has ended know. You do what you feel is best an yer dad will be proud of ya know matter what.

Our hearts and prayers go out to you and your family Kevin!

We're so sorry to hear this news.

If there is anything we can do, please let us know.

Dallas

Kevin,
So sorry to hear about your loss. I was in the exact same position as you almost 2 years ago and it's rough, but you will get through this and you father is in a better place and pain free now. Remember the good times, that helps......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom