Wolfe Ribs (Grilled Trial)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
Tried the Larry Wolfe method of untrimmed spares (rubbed with Susie Q seasoning and a chunk of hickory) on the OTG. Cooked for about 3hrs and loose change...temp held right at 350*...I had a drip pan under the ribs with water in it...that's probably why I couldn't get the heat up closer to 380*...but everything seemed to cook fine. After the time on the weber, I took the ribs off and finished them on the Bubba Keg cooker which was already doing a spatchcock chicken and some red skin taters in the 500* range...so it made sense to me to just swap cookers to finish the ribs vs. waiting for the charcoal in the OTG to get hotter...

Results: I will side with the, I like them better low and slow...there just seemed to be a layer of flavor missing somewhere...in a pinch I would do them like this again because there is no prep time needed and they are done quickly...but if I had my druthers I would go with the Klose or the WSM...ENJOY THE PICS!!

http://picasaweb.google.com/barbecue4u/ ... 9650819202

They look good, I done BB's yesterday at high temp's. Video will upload later today

Mine came out just fine. (must be the Cajun air) :LOL:

(could be the beer too) :LOL:

Good job Greg. I saw your buddy the wine guy on TV late last night...He's funny

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom