Rod Gray of Pellet Envy...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
Rod was on the KCBS board for the past few years in a "volunteer position" and just posted on his blog that he has resigned his post. It was not his usually in-depth post...I have secured him for an interview this coming Tuesday on the show to get the scoop.

STAY TUNED!

Sound to me like he just threw his hands up and said #$ck this. If you read between the lines you can sort of figure out what is going on. He was the only cook on the board which sucks. Sounds like the whole thing is about to implode.

Looked like they were trying to invoke some B.S. conflict of interest rule saying that if you're on the board, you can't compete in KCBS contests or something to that effect.

Its sad to see Rod go. He was a great asset to KCBS in representing the interest of all members including cooks. He will be missed.

Kloset BBQR said:
if you're on the board, you can't compete in KCBS contests
That's nuts.

I've seen it before, it starts with a bunch of enthusiasts having fun together, next their little organization grows to corporate proportions, and then it gets taken over by business types. Some of 'em are probably vegans.

--John

What if I said that board member needed to be outed so that KCBS members can vote his/her arse out! I'm just saying what if, mind you!

Back
Top Bottom