Pizza party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
A buddy of mine has been after me to show him how to do pizza on the grill. I had him and his wife and another buddy with his wife come over today. Of course my 3 kids were home and one had his girlfriend so we all had a blast making these. I did all the toppings this morning and then this afternoon it was make your own pizza. A good time was had by all. The list of toppings to choose from, onions, bacon, mushrooms, anchovies, potato, roasted red pepper, olives, pepperoni, sausage, sundried tomatoes and meatball.

The assembly line

My daughter's

First off the grill

My son's girlfriend's

Another on the grill

Table is ready

My oldests special. He did a stuffed crust.

Stuffed crust

What kind of things are you using on the grill to cook the pizza on? Looks good and it looks like you guys had a great time!

Greg Rempe said:
What kind of things are you using on the grill to cook the pizza on? Looks good and it looks like you guys had a great time!

Yeah what kinda tiles are they & where did you git em..

Looks like a fun time & the pies look fine

Greg Rempe said:

Travertine stone that was left over from a job we did last year!

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Greg Rempe":3e4m1j7a]What kind of things are you using on the grill to cook the pizza on? Looks good and it looks like you guys had a great time!

Travertine stone that was left over from a job we did last year![/quote:3e4m1j7a]

This is available at any HD or something...or do I have to go to a stone store for it?

Greg Rempe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":wlbagdlg][quote="Greg Rempe":wlbagdlg]What kind of things are you using on the grill to cook the pizza on? Looks good and it looks like you guys had a great time!

Travertine stone that was left over from a job we did last year![/quote:wlbagdlg]

This is available at any HD or something...or do I have to go to a stone store for it?[/quote:wlbagdlg]

You can get it at Home Depot but it won't be a thick piece like this one. I've heard from other folks that they just buy twp pieces from Homer's and stack them one on top of the other. Make sure that when you buy it they are not filled and haven't been polished. When they aren't filled they have pock marks and holes all over the surface. Wash with water only. I heat them slowly on the grill, bringing them to about 550 - 600 degrees. When you put the pizza on them, it takes about 6 or 7 minutes to cook them up. The party was really fun, everybody got a kick out of making their own!

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Greg Rempe":1ixb2uec][quote="Nick Prochilo":1ixb2uec][quote="Greg Rempe":1ixb2uec]What kind of things are you using on the grill to cook the pizza on? Looks good and it looks like you guys had a great time!

Travertine stone that was left over from a job we did last year![/quote:1ixb2uec]

This is available at any HD or something...or do I have to go to a stone store for it?[/quote:1ixb2uec]

You can get it at Home Depot but it won't be a thick piece like this one. I've heard from other folks that they just buy twp pieces from Homer's and stack them one on top of the other. Make sure that when you buy it they are not filled and haven't been polished. When they aren't filled they have pock marks and holes all over the surface. Wash with water only. I heat them slowly on the grill, bringing them to about 550 - 600 degrees. When you put the pizza on them, it takes about 6 or 7 minutes to cook them up. The party was really fun, everybody got a kick out of making their own![/quote:1ixb2uec]

neat idea

Back
Top Bottom