Tandoori Chicken Done on Napoleon Infrared Grill Videos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BeeRich

Sous Chef
[youtube:276qc889]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPVCXLkeZ00[/youtube:276qc889]

[youtube:276qc889]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDENrA39m2E[/youtube:276qc889]

looks great BR,

Watch out for You Tubes copyrite police. The will catch you & mute your videos soundtrack for playing copyrited music in the background.

I'm not sure how many warnings you get before your account is terminated & your videos deleted.

They busted me & I had to either replace the soundtrack with one of You Tubes licensed music track's (This also wipes out your talking during the video) Or delete the video & edit out the music, Then re-upload the video.

Hey I don't think it legal to make Tandori Chicken without a Tandori Oven. Hope you don't mind but I am forwarding this off to Dubja to get a finalized ruling on it. Thanks.

bigwheel

Yeah, that was stuff playing in my house. That wasn't mixed in. I got burned on a video I made, so I know where that line is. And it was spurred on because of a moron I know that brought it to their attention. There's more faulty videos online than caught. I have no worries.

In any case, I'm liking the style of this chicken. I have a whole bunch of marinades and the sort, so I could very well go down this route, obviously filming or taking pics.

so how do you like that infrared burner? Napoleon says 1800F in 25 seconds at the surface and I'm real interested in them

have you tried it for anything that hasn't worked out so well? (I'm thinking reg ground beef burgers and the like might get torched) and I think it might not be good to cook something where you splash a lot of marinade/baste on ... like roadside chicken, I'd think you'd risk cracking that burner

Hi there.

I absolutely love that IR part of it. It's an expensive unit (the half price ones are made in China, the expensive ones made in Canada), but it's worth every penny. I can do all kinds of stuff on the unit. I have a wood smoker tube as well, and some veg grills.

I haven't done anything that would be considered "regular" on a grill. Maybe a couple of chicken pieces, that's about it. No burgers, hot dogs, etc.

They do warn about fluids on the burner. They say solids are not a problem, as they do just ash up and fly away. It does glow very quickly. It also heats up the unit pretty well.

Back
Top Bottom