Mem-day Pig Roast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rag1

Executive Chef
I'm at my annual pig roast hosted by my buddy at his winery.
I drifted the Susquehanna River on Fri with the canoe for small mouth bass. Did well (including Barb) even with high water.
Did another river outing Sat with a local guy in his boat. River still high and fast, but so were we.
Sat night (afternoon) all the guns came out. I brought up 5 big cases of clay birds to add to the existing stack. We launch out over a BIG drop off with a newly added pond at the base. We threw birds, rocks and leftover burgers.....$hit, we shoot at anything.
I took up some old ammo I had laying around. Everything went well (dusted most of them) till I started getting ejection jams on my pump. Someone finally figured out my 2 3/4" shotgun doesn't handle 3" mags as well. Yeah, there was a lot of beer involved. I shot a mess of them till we figured it out.
Our cannon was fired MANY times. The guy who built it did a test and found a friend heard it 6 miles away where it was still a head turner.
The guns are coming out again this afternoon. Maybe I can redeem myself, although I left 50 rounds of ammo out in an overnight thunderstorm. Damned beer and wine-on-a-tap again.
I think we have some military stuff tuning up.
Might have some pics later.

Sounds like the whole time was good! Im goin cat fishin soon! Kids get out on Wednesday. I cant wait to here the slow click of the baitrunner,,wait,,,,wait,,,,wait,,,,,,,,,whaaaamm!!!!! Fish ON!

Finished the weekend off with dice and poker.
The usual beer frig keg, plus 7 gal buckets with bottom spouts holding various wines.
These 3 days parties are killers.
Got some pics....will post when I get caught up.
Just got home and have to gear up with barb who has fly fishing lesson tomorrow. I get to fish at this private club while she gets lessons.
Screw mowing the high grass. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom