Asian Honey BBQ Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do look good thanks for the recipe. Now notice you said you used chicken fillets instead of drummies and be interested to know what is a chicken filet? Not familar with the term for some reason. Ain't that a pic of drummies with the flapper cut off? Did you pilfer the pic off the website or is that whut you cooked? Color me cornfused. Realize the stuff prob be good for glazing any body parts of deceased barnyard avians no doubt. Just trying to sort out the parts here. Parts is parts ya know:)

bigwheel

If you like Asian, try this. I have eaten it on pork and chicken. Not bad at all.

Asian BBQ Sauce

2 teaspoons cornstarch
4 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup chili-garlic sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger or fresh ginger root, grated
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic, minced (I use garlic powder)
red pepper flakes, to taste, optional

1. Dissolve corn starch in rice wine vinegar in a small bowl and set aside.
2. In a small sauce pan combine remaining ingredients.
3. Add corn starch and rice wine vinegar mixture and stir well.
4. Heat mixture on low/medium heat, stirring often until sauce reaches a boil and thickens.
5. Remove from heat, allow it to cool then cover it and chill it until ready to use.

Well thanks for both recipes. Will try them soonish. Think I got the pic on the chicken parts. We would call them "tenders" or maybe breastes strips. The Warden frys them up for supper purty often. In an ideal world I like to twirl halves slow direct on the Rotess using a clamp basket. I do not fool with many parts. It reminds me of trying to cook a box of tinker toys for some reason.

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom