A real cajun crawfish boil

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

007bond-jb

Master Chef
sorry no stills :roll:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gJLKCg1BjUI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gJLKCg1BjUI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Looks mighty fine there JB! Sometime ifins I can get down there, you an I have ta sit round an suck on a few pounds a them! I'll just send mama ta mickey d's cause she don't eat real food. :cry:

Cliff H. said:
JB, do you believe purging is overrated ?

That is a genuine crawfish boil right there. ;)
Its a waste of salt for 1

Its a old wise tale & does nothing to the taste, A friend did it both ways a while ago, with salt purge & without the same day. Made no difference at all.

The main thing is too rinse em till the water is no longer muddy. (about 3 times)

007bond-jb said:
[quote="Cliff H.":192tl811]JB, do you believe purging is overrated ?

That is a genuine crawfish boil right there. ;)
Its a waste of salt for 1

Its a old wise tale & does nothing to the taste, A friend did it both ways a while ago, with salt purge & without the same day. Made no difference at all.

The main thing is too rinse em till the water is no longer muddy. (about 3 times)[/quote:192tl811]

I am going to have to google this JB. My understanding is that the salt water makes them upchuck and that is a good thing for those on the eating side.

Bruce B said:
Eatin' tail and suckin' head...looked like a fine day.

What better than suckin crawfish heads?

Sucking them boiled garlic heads...
The garlic comes out of the pods & maks you tonge say

"MMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"

Thats fine eatin there Boys & Girls

looks mighty fine Boy !

but one thing where's the BEER . I did not see one cold beer on that table . WTF?

i see that you had no basket in there BOY ! rookie !!!!!!! -1 and -10 for no cole beer on that table !

;)

need your new cell # tried call you last weekend to tell ya happy easter .

Tony M said:
Never had crawfish. Now you're making me want to try it. What an awesome cook, JB!

Shrimp or crab can be done instead of crawfish. I personaly like shrimp better

Back
Top Bottom