Stubbs Charcoal Review

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Bubba

Executive Chef
Used some yesterday. Very similar to Kingsford blue bag but with less chlorine smell. Burns very hot. It would be ok in a pinch but I'll stick with my steady diet of Humphries.

I used some Stubbs yeserday to cook some sausages, hot dogs and vegetables.......the smell on initial light up was HORRIBLE, 10x worse than Kingsford, really! But I do agree with UB, it did burn very hot. I'll use the rest of the bag shortly and see what my final results are.

wittdog said:
I used some and it didn't stink..maybe you got a wet bag Larry

Not sure what the problem was......but they sounded dry when I poured them out, I was actually surprised at how hard they sounded. I got a little clanking, versus the dull thud of KF. Like I said, I still have about 3/4 of a bag left and will use it and see if I notice the smell again. That was the only thing I didn't care for.....

I used to get the Hump Briquets...they were all natural no binder..they would pick up some moisture and smell like cat piss

wittdog said:
I used to get the Hump Briquets...they were all natural no binder..they would pick up some moisture and smell like cat piss

Then that could be very well what happened, cause that's what it smelled like!

Cats will piss on cheap charcoal. UB was using some at Franklin and even I pissed on it (he was at Divas site picking up chicken tips). :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom