Wolfe Rub

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Well, I was trying to avoid this.........but Wolfe Rub is now closed for business. I took on a new position in August and between that, my 4 hour commute and my family, I just don't have time to run a business any longer.

This is hard for me to do, because I have a very very loyal group of customers that was rapidly growing everyday from around the world. Most of these customers began as customers, but over the year have become friends....... good friends. I feel as though I'm letting you all down, but it was just the right time for me to get out.

I have been in contact with a couple other rub companies to purchase the Wolfe Rub Recipes in an attempt to keep the recipes in production, (under their own marketing label). This would increase their current product line and sales with these proven products. It would also keep the rubs many of you have been using for years in production, although under a new name. But, so far this has not worked.

I have been contacted by an individual who wants to purchase one recipe just for his personal use and would sign all the necessary documentation to prevent him from sharing or marketing etc. This could be an option as well, but I am not sure.....

If anyone is interested in either purchasing all of the Wolfe Rub BBQ Seasoning recipes to market under their own brand name or purchase for individual 'personal' use please e-mail me at bigdaddyskins56 at gmail dot com . Any reasonable offer will be considered.

JFC....what the hell am I going to do without my Wolfe Wings now? Especially my mother who with her thick Greek accent in broken English asks me every now and then, "ELLEN!!!! when you make me those weengs???"

Ration control... *sigh*

Super bummer, Larry. Is it really necessary for you to sleep at night?

Jody and I are big fans of Wolfe Rub, especially WRB. We'll sure miss it when our supply runs out.

Best wishes in the new job.

--John
(If nothing else, go back into production when you retire! :idea: )

now hold on, this ain't over yet....Wolfe rub sales account for
thousands of dollars a year....someone out there who has a little
time could probably use the extra money. Let's hope someone
steps up.

Sad news Larry.
I hope someone picks up where you left off. WR is good stuff.

Oh man this is truly a sad day, so sorry Larry. Thank goodness I still have a small supply left, now I'll need to use it sparingly.

Well think I got half a bottle sitting around here somewhere. I may just hang on to it and sell it on eBay as a collectors item in a few years. Sorta like billy beer. Sorry to hear the sad news. Congrats on the new position. All I ever had was jobs :oops:

bigwheel

Sure, just what this country needs........more bad news! Sorry to hear that Larry but I hope this gives you more time to spend with your family. :cry:

Sorry to here that Larry. If you start to get too down, :D just look at Nicks avatar and go to your Happy Place. ;)

dollarbill said:
you might be onto somethin' Pig's :idea:
Think Griff would lend a hand with all the legal stuff. Right Griff? ;) No resale, no posting the recipe and all that jazz Just like some of lodges from the 50's and 60's. ya know like the Water Buffalo Lodge. :LOL: But seriously, It would get Larry max dough and would keep us all in Wolf Rub. I say we all band tougher and not loose this great product.

Pigs

Well, I just got back from vacation in the nick of time.

First, Larry this is indeed sad news. But you have your priorities in the right putting your family first.

Pigs has a good idea. We could all sign something (that's lawyer talk for a contract) promising to keep a secret or pay liquadated damages; however Larry, you need to think about what a prospective purchaser might have to say about that. But I definately would like some way to imortalize and preserve the WRB recipe.

I would be in for a group purchase. Larry, I hope you really consider this. I think it would be a real tribute to keep those recipe "at home". This could actually bring a pretty nice windfall for you. Do it via Pay pal and have Griff set something up online that we have to agree to.

Uncle Bubba said:
I would be in for a group purchase. Larry, I hope you really consider this. I think it would be a real tribute to keep those recipe "at home". This could actually bring a pretty nice windfall for you. Do it via Pay pal and have Griff set something up online that we have to agree to.

I don't understand what's being discussed. If this is something that will benefit my customers, can someone explain this in the most elementary terms possible, because I'm slow...

Couldn't a rub company or even an individual legally add one ingredient to make it 'Their Brand' and sell it?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom