Butter on ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bbqbrad

Cook
I've seen online that some cooks put squeeze butter on their ribs. If you use the 3-2-1 method, do you put the butter on before you foil or after? or during? I would assume before, since I'm trying to get the bark going during the last hour...

Thanks in advance!

Bbqbrad said:
I've seen online that some cooks put squeeze butter on their ribs. If you use the 3-2-1 method, do you put the butter on before you foil or after? or during? I would assume before, since I'm trying to get the bark going during the last hour...

Thanks in advance!

I've seen 'margarine' mixed with the sauce for presentation purposes. It adds a sheen to the finished product.

Hey Brad! How are you doing man??!!!

Yes, folks that do butter dem ribs apply it before they seal up the foil...some also apply brown sugar and apple juice as well.

I know Jack Waiboer does this from time to time...he mentioned it during the Ribs Round Table podcast.

Uncle Bubba did the spray parkay thing at oink a few years back and got FIRST in chicken!
img_181906_0_68ce509690bec2353f1e73f3ff8686f8.jpg

Yes, that is "Mr Grumpy" with a smile! :LOL:

Pigs

Well...it sure does give a little more body to the juices in the foil. Meat side down in foil! Made me wanna grab a couple bones before returning them to the WSM...but didn't. Sauced with SBR and back they go. :cry:

ScottyDaQ said:
Well...it sure does give a little more body to the juices in the foil. Meat side down in foil! Made me wanna grab a couple bones before returning them to the WSM...but didn't. Sauced with SBR and back they go. :cry:

Pictures son, we need pictures!

Hey Brad,

Butter is one of natures feel good products. Everything tastes mo betta with butter.

Take a good look at any of the top Pit Masters chuck box, and you'll see some sort of dairy product that gives a butter flavor, if not the real thing.

Good Q!

Jack

I've seen a few teams that you would think they owned stock in Squeeze Parkay or I Can't Believe It's Not Butter :shock:

They got enough grease in to start with. Now injecting a low fat roast with greasy stuff will help for sure.

Nick Prochilo said:
How was the taste? Could you taste the butter? The pictures look fantastic.

Not really...just added more juices for the foil step.

I don't usually foil spares...but switched this cook up doing stuff I don't normally do....like NOT trimming, foiling, BUTTA, etc. These came out nice. Moist, almost fall off the DRY bone.

The bark looks dark in the pics, but wasn't really. Maybe I'll build a light box like some Pro's around here. ;)
DONE
img_182038_0_6dfb0369fde5fa02b177d8979043bc7b.jpg

img_182038_1_4f11e8054dbf8a8e096b98d44563296b.jpg

img_182038_2_f0ac68e610d4f7bf29e2b5926650cb9c.jpg

Well, since we are putting butter on them, Im guessing the next logical step is to wrap them in bacon !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom