Family Photo's - Share if ya wanna!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hillbilly1

Sous Chef
Family Photo's - Share if ya wanna!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
img_181397_0_78300076f7891b32faa0966ca40244c2.jpg

This be some a my kin.
My dad is the little feller on the right! That be two a his uncles, one a which I was priveleged ta know an dads dog ACE. Was taken in the mid 20's at the "New" family home in Missouri, grandma had a fill a the old log cabin by then. Sure wish I had the log cabin!

Great pic. If that from the mid 20's and your Dad was already about 9 or 10 that gonna put him purty old. You musta been one of them accidental change o life babies like me. My Mama and Daddy was about the age of everybody elses grand parents.

bigwheel

Well this post started me off in a great mood then I got upset. You see, I have some old photo's of my grandparents on 3 1/2 floppy disk. I inserted the disk to bring them up to show you guys and the puter keeps asking me if I want to format the disk. IT WONT OPEN!!!!!!! :evil: This really sucks. :cry:

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Well this post started me off in a great mood then I got upset. You see, I have some old photo's of my grandparents on 3 1/2 floppy disk. I inserted the disk to bring them up to show you guys and the puter keeps asking me if I want to format the disk. IT WONT OPEN!!!!!!! :evil: This really sucks. :cry:

They still make drives for those things ;)

That really sucks Bill. No way cheap and easy to get that back. Even the clean room data discovery services make no guarantees. Chances are it got hit by a magnetic field, or there was physical damage to the platter.

For precious stuff.... back up to flash drives and/or Disc media and put it in a safe box. ...away from your home...or use one of the online backup services like ... whatever Greg uses... I forget. I'll let him speak for that.

ScottyDaQ said:
That really sucks Bill. No way cheap and easy to get that back. Even the clean room data discovery services make no guarantees. Chances are it got hit by a magnetic field, or there was physical damage to the platter.

For precious stuff.... back up to flash drives and/or Disc media and put it in a safe box. ...away from your home...or use one of the online backup services like ... whatever Greg uses... I forget. I'll let him speak for that.

Man, I thought you would say "Hey Bill, just send that disk to me and I'll fix it". Bummer. :cry:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom