Stubbs Charcoal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
I was in Lowes last night picking up a new remote for my garage door and saw that Stubb's has gotten in to the charcoal game. They are offering a hardwood briquette...all natural of course! Seems this is a very popular thing these days.

It came in a 16lb bag and was $8.47. There was no sign of the KF competition briquet in the store...so perhaps this is the Lowe's offering of an all natural hardwood briquette.

I will be grabbing a bag to test out soon...there is about 4lbs more in this Stubb's bag than the KF.

Anyone else seen this in their Lowe's?

I too was in Lowe's last night, but we still only have Kingsford Blue Bag and small bags of Cowboy lump in Massachusetts. Stubbs would be a nice change!

Oak

Since I work for Lowe's, I go by that department 10 times a day to see if they have it in yet. So far there is just a tag.

Greg, I didn't know that it was a bag of briqs.

I am going to find out who I need to talk to at corporate about the buying decisions.....I have some input.

Finney said:
Stubbs charcoal is made by Cowboy.
I'm not saying that is a badthing... I'm just saying.....

You say tomato.... ;)

All thing considered...I think I'll still be using Humphry's lump and briquette.

I have to do another full fledged chicken cook on my mobile to determine whether or not the new KF will work or not. I'm a little concerned about the color it imparts on the chicken so far...but, we'll see.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom