1st Annual North Carolina Brunswick Stew Cook Off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
Jan 31 in Shallotte .

I'm in with about 25 others.

Kind of bizarre because they want us to cook at home
and just reheat and serve the public. Must cook 5 gallons,
blind judging, people's choice, overall champ, plus 3 categories..
restaurant, media, individuals.

My first stew contest, their first contest (chamber of commerce)...
should be fun. Hoping for good weather. Just gonna cook good
stew and hope for the best.

Anybody in the area come on down and join us.

Well may I offer a hail good fortunes to you on this endeavor. Just remember even though they might not be treating the cooks right moneywise...that money they screwing yall out of is prob going to a worthy cuz...such as the local homo half way house and combo al Queda rehab center etc. We will be needing the perspective recipe to be posted plainly in advance..so everybody can help ya tweak it etc. Now if you want to just send it by private email..that prob be a good plan. Loose lips sinks ships ya know:) Least that whut Grandpap McArthur always go around blubbering about anyway...or so I heard.

bigwheel

Kind of like the bogus chili cook off we did a few years back. Cook it at home and let a bunch of old farts judge (that don't have a clue) we didn't have to make 5 gallons though. Got to taste the winner, and it tasted like BigWheel chili fresh out the can! ;) :LOL: :LOL:

Pigs

Good luck Captain!

BTW, how do they keep fights from breaking out with all those pot stirrers in attendance? :LOL:

Any Idea of how big those pots are?? I'm thinking of getting a 20 gal.
Any Idea of where to get a pot like that??? I have only seen the Jambalaya Pots that are available from Louisiana on the web.
I would need to use a propane burner under it, most places where I cook.
I sure would like some advice before I get one.
Thanks,
Dave

There's some out there, including new ($$$) ones and old but not collectible ones, like this one. I found these googling iron kettle pot. If you're patient, maybe you could find one at a farm estate sale.

Just guessing, the kettles shown in my earlier post could run somewhere in the 20-25 gal. range, could be more.

--John

Smokin' Brothers BBQ said:
Any Idea of how big those pots are?? I'm thinking of getting a 20 gal.
Any Idea of where to get a pot like that??? I have only seen the Jambalaya Pots that are available from Louisiana on the web.
I would need to use a propane burner under it, most places where I cook.
I sure would like some advice before I get one.
Thanks,
Dave

Go to the catering section, page 3, and read the thread
"Someone Stop Me from buying this".

Excellent info.
For pics, a few threads up, read "Cappy's Big Ad-Vend_ture"

swampsauce said:
How did you do Cappy?

According to Cappy's Facebook page, and I quote: "Jim is gonna skip the Brunswick stew contest. temps in the 20's tomorrow morning."

:?

Back
Top Bottom