ET-73 note

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

txpgapro

Sous Chef
Say Cruise, let me know your test results. I only get about 20 feet with mine and that's outdoors. As soon as I come inside it quits. Now I also have wireless phones (kitchen & bedrooms), so will be anxious to hear about your results.

is that the dual probe unit? I had been thinkin about buying one.

i have a Taylor now and it has been through alot, i leave it out in the rain on a regular basis , and it still works perfect.

will the maverick take this kind of abuse?

Ive got an et-73...works pretty good, but 100 feet is not as far as I thought. Does anyone make a unit with a farther distance ?

welcome Crazyhorse.. I've also had Taylors get melted, rained on, dropped....still work well. Great therm for the money. Think I saw one
at Target yesterday for 17 bucks.

The Maverick has 2 probes, one is for the pit temp. Just got it, and have only used it once, but I love it.

Here is what I am using:

http://www.nu-temp.com/bbq.htm (The NU-701)

I have the main unit which consists of the receiver and the two remote sensor probes and I purchased an additional remote sensor probe, giving me 3 probes.

The main unit scrolls through the 3 remote sensors giving you the temps of each unit. The only drawback of this unit that I can see is that you can set a high temp alarm or a low temp alarm on the main unit but not both.

So far reception has been great. With cookers on my patio, I have had the main recieving unit in the front of the house, in the living room, bedrooms, etc with no problems.

A tad more pricey than the Maverick, but it works. Keep an eye out at TVWB they have members working on a discount for the product at this time with the manufacturer.

It Can Handle 3. I could place a probe in the lid for temp and in meat on the top grate and bottom grate of my WSM if I wanted to to monitor temps.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom