Just got this from Gregs link

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
I got it for work....

Waring Pro DB60 Portable Double Burner

3151P1GGPZL._SS500_.jpg

Product Features

* 1300-watt large plate and a 500-watt small plate
* Durable cast-iron plates heat up quickly and ensure stable heat retention
* Individual adjustable thermostats; separate "on" and "ready" indicator lights
* Brushed stainless-steel housing; non-slip rubber feet; low-silhouette design
* Measures 19-1/2 by 11-1/2 by 4 inches; 1-year limited warranty

Thanks HB. I had bought a cheapo at the grocery store HEB, but it could hardly boil water.. This one has more watts so it's gumbo time now at work!!! :shock:

Griff said:
Looks like a great hot plate SS. If you don't mind me asking, what sort of work do you do?

He's a professional Greek Texan :LOL:

Cool Hot plate GT

Griff said:
Looks like a great hot plate SS. If you don't mind me asking, what sort of work do you do?
electronic Technician on U.S.A. Navy T-34 and T-44 flight simulators. I work the midnight shift and we have to cook food to survive. Not much open around the military base in the wee hours of the morning...

Nice score. I just bought a single burner camp stove for $14 bucks at Big 5 sporting goods. I use it at work. Between that and the toaster oven and microwave we fare pretty well.......oh ya and the guy I work with brings different breakfst burritos every morning....he's from El Paso. ;)

Now Dollar..a person coulda put five bucks with the 15 and got a two holer campstove at Wally World. Or maybe 5 bucks at the local Good Will Store. Thataway you could have invested another 15 bucks in a non stick aluminum griddle from the sporting goods section made to fit two holer boyscout stoves. Had one but the warden take it away from me to use in the house. Makes a breakfast for 10 fairly painless or fry up 4 or 5 big steaks on rainey days etc. I had to go get me another one since she took the one I had. I use in mainly as a heat distributor for my chili pot. You get the griddle heated up then slide the pot to whutever spot feels right..makes it bubble the way you want etc. Takes some of the impreciseness out of the campstove heat control. If I dont use it I always try to turn the fire down too low and it goes out. Spent half my time relighting the stove or trying to figger out if it was burnin or not..blah blah..blah. The moral of the story is..get a two holer:)

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom