Ron's Gorilla Breakfast Bread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, OK! I had heard of Monkey bread but assumed it was maybe a variation on Banana Nut bread. :grin: Guess not!

So Monkey Bread and Gorilla Bread are basically the same thing but apparently Gorilla's are not as susecptible to Diabetes, right?

I might actually try a variation of this. The guys at my Husband's office often wind up eating these horrible convenience store cinnamon bun things that look like hockey pucks and taste (to me) like petroleum. Yuck.

For their own good, I often send in Mini-loaves of Irish Oatcakes in various flavors, at the beginning of each week. I've gotten out of the habit and I see they are all back to the oily faux cinnamon buns. :)

Perhaps some low-on-the-sugar Gorilla bread is just what they need?

I found you a couple of Monkey bread recipes. The main difference appears to be that Gorillas like cream cheese and monkeys don't!

Monkey Bread

Ingredients:
4 tubes buttermilk biscuits (found in the refrigerated section of the grocery store)
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Topping-
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup margarine
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup carnation evaporated milk

Cut the biscuits into quarters. Shake the cinnamon and sugar mixture over them. Grease a bundt pan and place the pieces in it in layers. Pour the topping over the top of it all. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 40-45 minutes. Turn out of the pan.

Topping-
Combine all the ingredients and bring to a boil. Let Cool then pour over bread in the bundt pan!

And here's a slightly more sophisticated version:

MONKEY BREAD

o 1/2 cup milk
o 2 Tbs. water
o 1 large egg
o 1 Tbs. butter
o 1/2 tsp. salt
o 2 1/4 cups bread flour
o 4 tsp. sugar
o 1 1/2 tsp. b.machine yeast
o 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
o 2 Tbs. melted butter or margarine

Add milk water,egg,1 Tbs. butter,salt,flour,4 tsp. sugar and yeast to bread machine. Select dough cycle. When cycle is complete roll dough into 20 balls,stir sugar and cinnamon together.
Roll each ball in butter then in sugar.arrange half of the balls in the bottom of a greased ring mold or tube pan.
Repeat with the remaining dough, making a second layer, cover and let rise till doubled 35-45 min.
Bake at 375* F for 25-30 min.cool 1 min. on rack then invert onto a plate.
Serve warm.

Back
Top Bottom