I am now a pellet head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
Yep, I bought the Liltex Treager from the Ace Hardware. I found out today that they are closing thier doors and I offered them $200 for it and they took it. I went ahead and bought the digital termostat kit but I got a good deal on it. They sell for $189 and I got it for $50 :LOL:

BBQ070_Classic2rqu_nkt3.JPG

Well Traeger isnt closing that I know for sure :)

Congratulations. I wouls have gotten another one as well for that price!!!

You will enjoyit I am sure.

Wow Bill you defintely gave a good skinning on that deal. Now you really want a bargain go get yourself a Hummer for 28 k they was 58 k back in Novemeber. Aint sure but think it prob a Hummer II which is simply pregnant and squared off Suburbans. Now a Real Hummer is a different deal. Fella tole me tonight they will run on gas..diesel..peanut butter etc.

bigwheel

Woodman said:
Whose doors are closing? Ace, or Traeger

The local Ace hardware store is closing. The employees came in on Thursday and were told they had one week to find another job. Its a damn shame because its the only one within 25 miles from us.

Diva Q said:
Well Traeger isnt closing that I know for sure :)

Congratulations. I wouls have gotten another one as well for that price!!!

You will enjoyit I am sure.

They do have one more Liltex for that price if you want it. ;)

Great score Bill. Hard to believe you could get a Traeger with digital thermostat for less than the price of a WSM. Now that's a deal! I've got the Traeger 075 on my deck. It's my winter smoker. Keeps great temps. Burns more pellets than my Fast Eddy but still produces great Q.

I highly recommend the pellets from BBQ'rs Delight. Much better than the Traeger pellets and available in more flavors too.

Less than a WSM??? Hell , he got it for less than the price of the $62 ham I'm cooking today!!!!!!!

No, I haven't gotten it yet. I am prolly cooking the ham in the oven based on the current temp and wind.I was going to use the kettle but.......

ps. I don't get the point on the equation Mr Accountant!!!!! What I sain was $50 < $62!!! ;)

50 bucks was for the digital thermostat. 200 for the cooker.

50+200=250

250>62

You'll get my bill on Monday! :LOL:

Don't they have any WSM's for sale locally?

Greg's got a couple you can borrow!

Oh! Duh! I thought he was saying he paid $50 for the cooker! I glossed it too quickly!!!! Your bill will be filed!! I have never seen a WSM locally! WM

I got my first one at True Value in Hudson at the end of the season in 2002. It was the floor model, only one they had. I've also seen them at Home Depot as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom