Not good news

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Bubba

Executive Chef
Well...got some pretty crappy news yesterday about my dad. There was a piece of the liver the surgeon took off that he told us initially tested benign. They did a frozen analysis and found that it is malignant meaning the cancer has spread from the pancreas to, at least, the liver. There is a small chance that maybe the spot he took off the liver was the only one. Nevertheless, the approach has changed from one of a curative approach to a containment approach. It's obvious what the overall outcome is going to be, it's just how long he's got. Sucks...big time.

Sorry to hear that news Kevin, but try to keep a positive attitude for your Dad. I'll keep your Dad and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Not trying to be flippant at all here Bubba, but those preparing to exit in the coming several years, may be the lucky ones if you can take any comfort in that.

Kevin, hang in there and spend as much time with your dad as you can no matter what the prognosis is........be thankful for the time you've had with him and let him know you're thankful and that you love him. Cancer took my mother and father almost to the day a year apart last year and it really sucks. Cancer is the evil of all evils...........

You have my number if you want to talk..... Stay strong my friend, for yourself, your family and most of all your dad.

Back
Top Bottom