11:30 PM Butt and Brisket on the WSM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Finney

Master Chef
Savannah, GA and Somewhere near Lexington, NC
11:30 PM Butt and Brisket on the WSM
Both rubbed around lunch time.
Brisket rubbed with WolfeRub
Butt rubbed with Mr. Brown rub.
Using Minion Method with Kingsford charcoal and hickory wood.

It's 12:05 at pit temp is up to 207. A little more and I can get a little sleep.

Nick, this time I'm using a grate extender made by Big Green Egg.
link to TVWB
The Big Green Egg grid extender is a 15-1/2" cooking grate that adds an additional cooking surface to the WSM . It has two legs that attach the extender to the WSM grate, and the grate surface swings up on both sides to access the grate below (some older grid extenders do not have this feature). The distance between the grid extender and the WSM grate is 3-3/4".

The grid extender can be used on either the top or bottom WSM cooking grate. If you fasten down the swing-up portions (you'll have to wire them down yourself), you can hang it from the top WSM cooking grate (Picture 2). The grid extender costs about $20 and can be ordered from The Big Green Egg at 404-321-4658. text from TVWB

I have it attached to the lower rack, not the upper as shown in the photos.

Chris sounds good buddy! You using sand or water? I'd invite myself, but I'm done eating for awhile. That said, just after I had a PP sammich dripping with Scott's and a huge serving of homemade tater salad for breakfast. Oh yeah, and an ice cold Miller Lite! Went to check on the damage from yesterday and there were a few beers left and I just had to start the day right!

Captain Morgan said:
where are you posting the full report? With pics?

Cappy,
Believe it or not, I took one picture yesterday. I had so many people here and so much going on, I totally forgot about taking pic's. Sorry, I have failed!!!!!! :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

I'm interested in that brisket Findude. I got personal stake in the quality of the raw product. I'm looking into rack extenders as we speak. I'm not sure I need them, but they look pretty cool. Thanks for the link.

Good Q!

Jack

Jack you can get it at the Firehouse and Casual Living store on hwy 17 in Mt. Pleasant. They will have to order it though. Don't keep them in stock. I don't think they knew what it was before I had them order mine. Give them a call or get direct from BGE.

Back
Top Bottom