Cooker storage between cooks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

backyardbbq

Senior Cook
I was curious to know how everybody stores their cookers for the time in between cooks and what sort of rituals you do to store them.

When the snow comes, the kettle, WSM, go in the garage. The whole hog cookers, ECB, and the GODSM stay out in the cold. In the summer they all stay out as they all get used for every day cooking. Heck, this past summer I had to dust my range off. :LOL:

One WSM stays on the patio with the Weber cover and a plastic garbage bag over that to keep any snow/water/crap from permeating the cover. The other WSM gets moved to the garage. The Weber kettle stays covered on the patio.

I keep the patio free of snow and ice and will use the kettle throughout the winter. The garaged WSM also gets used in the winter.

One WSM in the garage for year round use...I move the kettle in the garage during the winter for cold winter grilling as well. I have a large tarp to cover my Klose when its not being used. The Silver B gasser has a cover and stays on the deck...just in case.

WSM, Platinum, and Summit are all outside covered. Smokey Joe and ghetto SMS grill are out in the open air rusting away! Primo is still boxed in the garage :)

The "coffin" and the WSM are usually outside uncoverd. The "coffin" will get moved into the shed soon, and the WSM will be moved to the side porch sort of under a roof..

Everything in the garage, except for the gasser that's covered in the back yard.

--John
(Oh yeah, except for cars too. Aren't garages meant for smokers, grills, and motorcycles? :oops: )

Nick Prochilo said:
4 grills saty covered on the deck year round. The WSM sits on the porch of my shed. Hey Greg , how about the attic?

I was wondering how long it would take for the attic to come up...

One WSM and one kettle - both outside on the deck with covers. In past winters I have moved the WSM into the garage, or underneath the deck, but this year I'll probably leave it where it is. I have one of those plastic storage boxes with my charcoal, chimney, wood chunks, etc. on the deck, and leaving the WSM there will make it less of a hassle if I decide to do a cold-weather cook.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom