Also Yuck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Double Yuck!!!!
46%20Pork%20Brains%20Sound%20Good.jpg

I am going to just pass on those. OMGoodness they must have cardiologists on standby at all times around this stuff.

:shock:

We ate those a lot when I was growing up - scrambled eggs with pork brains were a treat (believe it or not). Of course, back then nobody could even pronounce cholesterol, much less know what it did to you, and the labels didn't tell you how much you were consuming.

Once, back in the 70's I took a tour of the Smithfield Foods plant in Virginia and saw a person whose job was this: she sat in front of a conveyor belt. A hog's head would come down the conveyor, then a big blade split the head in two. She then would scoop the brains out of each half, and put them into a plastic tub. I always wished I could take kids who were going to drop out of high school and show them that job: "Here's the kind of job you can get with no education." :mrgreen:

We lived beside my grandmother growing up and sometimes my sister and I would end up eating dinner at her house. Particularly if my mom made something we didn't like. One evening, she invited us to eat dinner with her. We had the leanest bacon I've ever had, delicious scrambled eggs, and grits. When we were done eating, she asked us if we knew what we'd just had for dinner. We "thought" we did but boy, were we wrong! The bacon was hot tongue and the eggs were scrambled with pork brains. Would I eat it again? Probably the tongue, but not sure about the brains. LOL It was pretty gross to think about it!

Back
Top Bottom