Diva Q Ultimate BBQ snack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diva Q

Executive Chef
I promised Griff I would post this. This was half of our 1st place Sidedish from this past weekend at Oink 08

This was something I came up with when I thought of the BBQ sides and snack I enjoy the most. Basically I combined my top 3 favorites. ABT's, Fatties, and cornbread. I wanted to come up with something that was original. I have never seent his posted anywhere and I looked so I am calling this one as 100% my own.

Really easy.

Make ABT's - smoke them until done then cool.
Wrap the ABT's in Jimmy dean sausage spinkle with rub and smoke until done then cool.
Mix up your favorite batch of cornbread batter.
Using a mini loaf pan spoon a thin layer of cornbread in pan then place one of the ABT/Fatties top with more cornbread batter. Bake until cornbread is set.

Makes a wicked good snack. Serve with your favorite beans.

This sorta reminds me of the old Burl Ives song about the lady who swallowed the fly...then she had to swallow the spider to catch the fly...blah blah. Kinda like one of them cajun Turkdunkens (on a mini scale). Smart thinking Diva. Bet it was tasty and purty. Congrats yall did good with it an all your exploits on the cooking trail.

bigwheel

What are ABTs and fatties? The only fatties I know of aren't related to BBQ...but they do get smoked.... :shock:

Ok, I googled them and found out what they really mean. :) Fattie was sooooo not what I was thinking. :oops:

Since this thread got drug up from the bowels, Ill ask again...

Hey Diva, Any pics of the finished product ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom