Top Sirloin roast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
Ive got a small (4.5lbs) top sirloin roast Im doing for dinner tonight. My plan is to do it on the WSM....pull around 125, let it rest and slice it thin for sammies... Questions, comments concerns...other/better ideas ??

John that's a great cut for the reverse sear method.......cook @ 250º until internal temp hits 110º, remove from heat and tent with foil and crank the heat to 450º range and pull at desired doneness... This will give you a consistent doneness throughout the cut as well as a nice crust .

For convenience you can just remove the mid section of the WSM and sear on the bottom portion.

I only have one comment... Tell us how it comes out... Pics. Video, Etc..Can't wait chopper.... :shock:

well, the roast went a little longer than I had wanted. Ended up going on a fire call and when I got back, the roast was at 140..it was more med rare/med well.... But it was still tender and juicy. Will definetly do another of these. Had it with corn and leftover tomato salad..

That looked great John! I almost lost some steaks the other night due to a fire call, had to explain the second part of a reverse sear to my wife as I was running out the door. She pulled it off perfect!

Nick Prochilo said:
That looked great John! I almost lost some steaks the other night due to a fire call, had to explain the second part of a reverse sear to my wife as I was running out the door. She pulled it off perfect!
No pics = no fire call, and/or....no saved steaks. ;)

Puff said:
Nick Prochilo said:
No pics = no fire call, and/or....no saved steaks. ;)

Does that help? :LOL:

Cut the guy some slack. "Had to make a fire call" means it was turning out bad and he had to bail so he had an excuse. Imagin all your fire buddies ragging your azz for weeks on end. Not good.

You know I'm kidding.

Good job!

Nick Prochilo said:
Puff said:
img_165757_0_217ee41e24e8aa66eaff3d169be7151e.jpg
[/url]

Does that help? :LOL:[/quote:1pxpc623]
:shock: ......... :oops:

Back
Top Bottom