Hot Brisket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oompappy

Sous Chef
Here are some pics of a "high heat" brisket I did recently. Turned out
pretty darn good. Would I do it again? Yep!
8.5 lb packer, cooked at approx 350* for 2.5 hrs, foiled, and cooked
at approx 375* another 1.5 hrs 'till tested tender with fork. 4 hours
total cook time then a 1 hour rest.

(click to enlarge)

That looks great Pappy!!

Though it's not necessary, I think that injecting 'high heat' briskets helps with the finished product. I've never done one, but I know Myron injects as well and it makes sense the added moisture would help.......I dunno.

I'm going to cook them slow and low from now on.. Glad yours came out good at high heat.. :D

I've tried it and they lack 'depth' The injection better be an attention getter or you might as well cook it in the oven.

Griff said:
Unity said:
Nice work, Pappy.

--John
(Wow, wish I could find 'em for $1.67/lb!)

My thoughts as well. Where did you buy it?

Super Walmart has had them at this price for at least 2 years. Packer
briskets and a few specialty meats are the only things I buy there as most
all of their other meat is enhanced. The briskets are usually ungraded or
select but you can occasionally make a nice pick.
If you don't like whats in the meat case, just ask the attendant to bring out another box.

The Wally Worlds around here seem to have upgraded the beef section a bit here lately. Noticed they had some choice grade unpumped Ribeyes and maybe T-bones last time I was in there. They always been a good place for cryoed packers if you cant catch em sale somewhere else. Seems like the only flats I have bumped into in there have been pumped.

bigwheel

Looks great Pappy, I think it realy depends on how large the meat is as to how its gonna come out. Seems like the larger briskits are tougher at high temps

K Kruger said:
I only cook briskets at high heat and most are in the 13-15 lb range. Never had a tough one. Size shouldn't matter.

I just spoke with my wife. SIZE ALWAYS MATTERS.

Back
Top Bottom