2 Butts, 1 Whole Packer Brisket, & Three Racks of Spares

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kloset BBQR

Executive Chef
I'm having some friends coming over for dinner tonight which gives me a chance to do a little extra practice on my Fatboy. This will be only the third time I've cooked on it.

Butts went on at 4 am. Brisket will go on around 6 and spares around noon.

I'm cooking with a new brand of lump charcoal called Redneck Charcoal. Looks like pretty good stuff although I can't find any reviews on it. Anyone ever heard of it. No reviews of it on the Naked Whiz site. I also threw on three chunks of wood I got from Smokinlicious, 1 hickory, 1 cherry, and 1 sugar maple

I'll take and post pics when the sun comes up!

HAve a good cook Dallas.

Never heard of that charcoal. Where is it made?

Looking forward to the pictures.

D, I have seen that in a lot of Hardware stores up my way...haven't used it though...I like the Humphrey's charcoal briquettes.

I like Humphrey's too. I just haven't seen it down my way.

I found a place in Springfield, OH that sells Wicked Good Charcoal (both lump and briquettes). I'm going to pick up several bags next month on my way to Madison, IN.

Ok, here are the first few pics. Still a long way to go though.

Here is a pic of the Redneck Lump bag

I'm using the DigiQ2 that I bought from Larry. I love this thing!

2 Butts

And the Brisket

Ribs go on at noon.

Have a fun day BBQ-in man.. I really like your setup.. I can't wait to see more pictures. Thanks for sharing!!! :D

Hickory for the flavor, cherry for nice color and sweetness, and the sugar maple for sweetness as well. It's the three woods that came in my Smokinlicous box so I thought I'd try one of each. It worked well for me in the Franklin contest, so I thought I'd try it again.

update

I had my wife pick up the ribs for me at Sams club. Told her to get a three pack. When I opened the pack there were only 2 racks of spare but they were about the same weight as a three pack. These are some of the meateast ribs I've ever gotten from Sams. I'm going to start sending her for the two pack from now on and the best thing is, they can't hide a bad rack in the middle.

All rubbed up and ready to go!

Wrapping Pork

I waited until the butts got to an internal temp of 165 and then foiled. Everything seems to be right on schedule. I love this little Fatboy. It's like a WSM on Steroids! :LOL:

Redneck Lump

I just reloaded the Fatboy a little while ago. Here's some pics of the Redneck Lump. I'm pleased with the lump even though I've never heard of it before.

Back
Top Bottom