Something bad happen yesterday at work.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Missing Link

Sous Chef
There was a 3600/100 ton crane that fell over yesterday at work. There was 11 people total that got hurt out of that 11 4 died. It's going to be a sad day at work today. I'm happy that none of my friend got hurt and sad that other went to work this morning and will not be going home.

http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/ ... eeddc.html

I was in the unit that this happen Just think god that I was at lunch on the other side of the plaint.

Terrible!! A crane like that fell in Toledo,OH a few years back working on a highway project...I think just as many, if not more, were killed in that accident! :cry:

Yesterday was no fun. I was in there looking at the crane before lunch they were loading weight onto the crane when I guess it happen. I was lucky to be on the other side of the plaint eating my lunch when it happen.

Praying hard for the victims..family and friends as we speak. Deepest condolences to all.

bigwheel

KHOU said:
The [30-story-tall] crane is the largest of its kind in the nation and could lift up to 800,000 pounds.
It's hard to imagine how big that is, or what it must have been like when it fell. Sorry about the loss of life and injuries. Glad you weren't near it, Link.

--John

wittdog said:
Thats one of my biggest fears...going to work one day and not coming home....

What Wittdog said. Dodging Industrial bullets to get home in one piece sucks. Glad you're safe Link.
Lesson...never skip lunch.

I am glad you are ok Link.

I noticed that you have not been on the board much as of late. I am very glad to know that is by your own choice.

Sorry to here about that.

One fell on a UNION construction site in BR years ago, It was a crawler type The boom buckled & fell across the construction parking lot, Took out about 50 vehicles. No injuries other than the operator who got a ass wuppin

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom