ribs 1.49 per lb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
monty3777 said:
looks like supertarget has st. louis style ribs for 1.49 lb.

That's a great price, just make sure they are NOT enhanced! Read the nutrional facts, if the sodium content is more than 100mg they're pumped with a solution. Or terms like "Tender and Juicy" or "Self Basting" are dead giveaways! If you slow smoke enhanced ribs they will taste like ham lollipops, pretty tasty indeed, but not what I'm looking for in a rib! The general public love them though!

monty3777 said:
They are the enhanced ribs - always tender is what they call them. Good enough for the in-laws :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Wait to get the good stuff when they are gone!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Larry Wolfe said:
monty3777 said:

That's a great price, just make sure they are NOT enhanced! Read the nutrional facts, if the sodium content is more than 100mg they're pumped with a solution. Or terms like "Tender and Juicy" or "Self Basting" are dead giveaways! If you slow smoke enhanced ribs they will taste like ham lollipops, pretty tasty indeed, but not what I'm looking for in a rib! The general public love them though!
Funny Larry, Did a rib cater one time for a family and they all said " these don't taste like grandpas bacon on a stick " :LOL: Guess grandpa would brine the ribs in the milk cooler for two days as I was told. :shock: Guess it's what you grew up with. I'd grab them if they were enhanced or not. After all, you can cook them for company. That know no better. ;)

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":1z2o0d0m]
monty3777 said:

Funny Larry, Did a rib cater one time for a family and they all said " these don't taste like grandpas bacon on a stick " :LOL: Guess grandpa would brine the ribs in the milk cooler for two days as I was told. :shock: Guess it's what you grew up with. I'd grab them if they were enhanced or not. After all, you can cook them for company. That know no better. ;)[/quote:1z2o0d0m]

You SSOB..............all the posts you've made about NOT cooking 'ham on a stick'. You're like Obama, you say what you think people want to hear you say! Stick to the story Mr. Traditional! :LOL:

Great price. The only ribs Super Target peddles around these parts are Hormel and they are enhanced. They are great ribs. Enhanced ribs are mo betta than the other kind. That is why they enhance em.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Great price. The only ribs Super Target peddles around these parts are Hormel and they are enhanced. They are great ribs. Enhanced ribs are mo betta than the other kind. That is why they enhance em.

bigwheel
If you like ham they are delicous! If you like ribs they are not so delicious! Depends on what flavor you're looking for! Now post some pic's of the cannonball big guy!! :LOL:

I saw that was the price here. I have 6 racks in the freezer and don't need to buy any. Going back and look to see if they say enhanced when I pick up the chickens for tomorrow.

I dont eat that junk myself..smoked meat is bad for your health. I am a backslid raw vegan at heart. I know whut off the street Texas style table judges prefer and will ghuarantee they love pumped Hormels. I got a cute story which I have most likely tole before..us old folks get redundant. Back when we was doing some comp cooking I spent 2 years driving half way to Timbucktu to buy special unpumped ribs for comp purposes. During that time frame we never got a smell in the rib category. Had some pals who was kicking serious booty with Hormels. Caught some on sale at Super Target for .99 so I grabbed up about 8 or 9 racks totaling around 50 bucks and I chunked em in the freezer. By about the midpoint of the cooking season I had used up all the ribs and had stuck 800 bucks in prize money in the hip pocket based on the original 50 dollar investment. I love pumped Hormels. Kroger brand pumped ribs is at least as good if not mo betta. They calls em Moist n Tender or Silver Platter or similar. Tyson and John Morrell pumped ribs aint worth a caca. Just my dos centavos of course. In the cannonball pics you want me to wear my thong bathing suit? Like this old yankee pal from Illinois used to say when somebody passed a little flatulence, "I had druther hear a fatboy fart than a purty girl whistle." Never did quite understand whut he meant.

bigwheel

Larry Wolfe said:
bigwheel said:

bigwheel
If you like ham they are delicous! If you like ribs they are not so delicious! Depends on what flavor you're looking for! Now post some pic's of the cannonball big guy!! :LOL:

Bigwheel I have some of those pumped Kroger Silver Platter loinbacks thawing in my sink. I'm gonna' cook them tomorrow.
I'll let you know.
Hold the thong pics
:shock:

bigwheel said:
I dont eat that junk myself..smoked meat is bad for your health. I am a backslid raw vegan at heart. I know whut off the street Texas style table judges prefer and will ghuarantee they love pumped Hormels. I got a cute story which I have most likely tole before..us old folks get redundant. Back when we was doing some comp cooking I spent 2 years driving half way to Timbucktu to buy special unpumped ribs for comp purposes. During that time frame we never got a smell in the rib category. Had some pals who was kicking serious booty with Hormels. Caught some on sale at Super Target for .99 so I grabbed up about 8 or 9 racks totaling around 50 bucks and I chunked em in the freezer. By about the midpoint of the cooking season I had used up all the ribs and had stuck 800 bucks in prize money in the hip pocket based on the original 50 dollar investment. I love pumped Hormels. Kroger brand pumped ribs is at least as good if not mo betta. They calls em Moist n Tender or Silver Platter or similar. Tyson and John Morrell pumped ribs aint worth a caca. Just my dos centavos of course. In the cannonball pics you want me to wear my thong bathing suit? Like this old yankee pal from Illinois used to say when somebody passed a little flatulence, "I had druther hear a fatboy fart than a purty girl whistle." Never did quite understand whut he meant.

bigwheel

Larry Wolfe said:
bigwheel said:

bigwheel

that's why they do it...10 to 15 % profit for them.

Texas folks know beef, not pork. If you doin pork
ribs, don't buy enhanced.

Captain Morgan said:
that's why they do it...10 to 15 % profit for them.

Texas folks know beef, not pork. If you doin pork
ribs, don't buy enhanced

AMEN!

They also enhance 'meat' in general because the general public cooks to specified USDA codes which in most cases are too high for internal temps, thusly dries the meat out. Add moisture via injections and you can cook to higher temps without drying out!

KKK...all I ever tried was the spares but found them very good. Sure the loin backs be good too.

bigwheel

Puff said:
Bigwheel I have some of those pumped Kroger Silver Platter loinbacks thawing in my sink. I'm gonna' cook them tomorrow.
I'll let you know.
Hold the thong pics

bigwheel said:

bigwheel

Larry Wolfe said:
bigwheel said:

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
KKK...all I ever tried was the spares but found them very good. Sure the loin backs be good too.

bigwheel

That comin' frum a feller who use one of dem lectric smoker thingamajiggies! What wuld one expeck? :roll: :LOL:

Nex thung we no will be the big fella eating caviar! :shock:

They are done. I didn't get a hammy taste. A bit salty but that could have been the rubs.I gave them a real good rinse with cold water. I used Blues Hog for the sauce. That sauce is the one alot of famous comp. peaople are using from what I'm told. It is very good, spicy out of the jar but mellows out real nice.
I did happen to do a triple back flip front forward cannon ball in my pool.
Kids & wifey weren't to happy about that great show of my athletic ability.

img_157633_0_67963ee6b13402924dc5e15815eca28d.jpg

bigwheel said:

bigwheel

Puff said:
I'll let you know.
Hold the thong pics

bigwheel said:

bigwheel

Larry Wolfe said:
bigwheel said:

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom