Wal-Mart Beef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dont mind buying croyed brisket off of em in the least if they have a good brand and grade etc. You got to watch em very close to make sure you aint buying pumped beef...read the label carefully. Warden said they improving here lately and she is not finding as much "enhanced" beef. I aint been chopping in one in a coons age myself.

bigwheel

I believe WalMart sells Select grade beef rather than the Choice grade you get at Costco or Sams. Just read the package before you buy... cheaper ain't always better

Stogie said:
Gary is correct! All the beef at WalMart is Select, except in a very few cases. Our local Kroger is the same way, though they offer Choice grade. That is why I buy all my meat at Sam's...it is Choice or better(yes, I have bought Prime grade meat at Sam's for the same price!). Also, Sam's has backed off injecting their beef and pork products.

I have too at Costco.... best damn briskets I ever cooked!

Thanks all. We will continue to buy in bulk at Costco such as briskets, ribs, butts, etc and when we want to grill something special, we will check our local grocery store and Whole Foods.

Toby keil said:
Thanks all. We will continue to buy in bulk at Costco such as briskets, ribs, butts, etc and when we want to grill something special, we will check our local grocery store and Whole Foods.

What's at the old Whole Foods store now? If you know...

I would not buy burger, steak or chicken from WalMart, but I have purchased their Select Cryovac briskets before and to be 100% honest with you, it was one of the best briskets I've ever cooked. However I have not bought briskets from them in about a year, the last time I saw them they were ENHANCED! If you can find an unenhanced brisket at WalMart, I would certainly give it a shot.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom