Stimulis check

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rag1

Executive Chef
I haven't received a check as yet? Should I have by this time? Do you have to request it? Yes I fill 1040 every year. Does being a legal citizen hamper my chances? Who do I call?
:( :(

We got ours last week... $1200.00 Enjoy it while you can....They gettin all of it back later... ;)

Thanks guys. Looks like mine should be here next week with a 'last 2 digits' of 66.
I hate it when I get boned by the government.

Got ours today for a grand total of 1500 bucks. Was supposed to have direct deposited but for reason they sent a hard copy.

bigwheel

monty3777 said:
Rag said:
Thanks guys. Looks like mine should be here next week with a 'last 2 digits' of 66.

I pay self employment tax - 4 times a year I write my own tax check. I'm used to boned by the government. Actually, I'm starting to like it :oops:

It makes you wonder if the automatic withholdings weren't in place what the tax rates would be with people actually having to write checks for their taxes. Prior to WWII, that was the case. The withholdings system was implemented during the war to get money in the treasury for war time spending, but it never ended after that war was over as it was supposed to do.

BlazerQue said:
monty3777 said:
Rag said:

I pay self employment tax - 4 times a year I write my own tax check. I'm used to boned by the government. Actually, I'm starting to like it :oops:

It makes you wonder if the automatic withholdings weren't in place what the tax rates would be with people actually having to write checks for their taxes. Prior to WWII, that was the case. The withholdings system was implemented during the war to get money in the treasury for war time spending, but it never ended after that war was over as it was supposed to do.

So Bob, you still have your canceled checks from the 30's. :LOL: :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom