24 pounds of butt HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dollarbill

Head Chef
Im goin to try to smoke 4 - 6lb. butts this week for a block party im throwin on Saturday. With 24 pounds of meat on my WSM do i need to start earlier than usual?

also:

2) What is the easiest way to add charcoal to the WSM when the burn starts to die down after 10 to 12 hours? Thank you for any help. db

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You! For the info!

Let me get this right.... 4- 6lb butts will be the same (roughly) cook time as 1- 6lb butt? Just doesnt sound right, butt who am I?

I was lookin to start them at at 1- 1/2 hours per pound (thurs. thru saturday) hahaahaaaa

I think you guys might have saved my A** again! thanks anyone else?

I cook with lump and if the charcoal starts to die down..I just add another lit chimney to the bottom of the WSM…If you move quick enough..you won’t lose any temp or it won’t spike either. ;)
You shouldn't have any problems with 2 butts on a rack...I would put the bigger two on the bottom and the small two on the top if they fit....But do like stogie says make sure they aren't touching

You made a great point Stogie. I didnt realize it turns into a larger piece of meat when/if they are touching. It makes sense though! I really appreciate the help and i cant wait to start cookin on Saturday. Ill try like hell to post pictures but so far, everytime i say that, I end up havin to many beers. "Should be a little different this time since im the cook/host to the Luau/ block party!" (grin) If you guys get bored stop on by!

chicken and 1/4ers
Butts
burgers
dogs
pinaple
watermelon
Pretty Women
14 x 21' foot outdoor movie screen
Should be a blast!
and if you thought i forgot the beer ..............2 kegs. ha!

Tannehill Kid said:
Dang wished you lived a little closer. Pretty women, food, beer and tv just don't get much better.

I suspect they sell beer and have TV in Louisiana. I know you can cook food, and I KNOW there are pretty women there. So, what are you waiting for? Throw your own party! ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom