Boiling??!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

backyardbbq

Senior Cook
I have never fixed ribs before so I asked one of the guys on my shift at the fire station to show me how. That was mistake number one! He said "OK, but we do it my way". I didn't think nothing of it until after we got started. His way consisted of boiling the ribs for about 30 minutes saucing them and then throwing them on the smoker for about two hours. Now the next time I try ribs I will remove the membrane rub them down and place them on the smoker until tender. These ribs I believe were over cooked, not to mention being the toughest and most tasteless things I have ever eaten.

I use to do um that way too. No more. When I started reading this forum started doing the 3 2 1 method and find it to be alot better. Have tried other ways also. Sometimes I don't wrap in foil. Menbrane has got to come off for sure.

ISBBQ said:
Let us have a moment of silence for those precious ribs that were so maliciously mistreated... What a shame! :cry:

Amen to that.

BBQ rule #1

Thou shall not ever ever ever boil your ribs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please give him this website NOW!! He will be better for it in the long run. As a rule of thumb, you never mention "BBQ" and "Boiling Water" in the same sentence...let alone having it be your main cooking tool! :shock:

Apocalypse Now said:
"Yes, sir -- See, I come from New Orleans -- I was raised to
be a sauciere.. a great sauciere. We specialize in sauces.
Has to be a mango tree here somewhere...
I was supposed to go to Paris. Then my physical came up.
Hell I joined the Navy. Someone told me Navy had better food.
Cook school -- that did it."

WILLARD
"Oh yeah, how?

CHEF
"They lined us all up in front of a hundred yards of prime rib --
magnificent meat, beautifully marbled.. Then they started
throwing it in these big cauldrons, all of it -- boiling.
I looked in, an' it was turning gray. I couldn't f***ing believe
that one. I went into radio school..."

link

Back
Top Bottom