WTF Canned Bacon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Canned bacon has been around for years. When I lived in bush Alaska in the early 70s it was the only bacon available. Butter came in one pound blocks packed in a barrell of brine. The good old days weren't all good.

I agree NONunion at best!

What you be doin BOY.... looking for survival food to stock up on?
Stick with freeze dried stuff....much longer shelf life 5-6 x's
longer then canned foods.

Agree with that Griff. Used to quaff a few with an old Tanker who served with Patton back during the Big War. He claimed the canned bacon was the tank crew's favorite part of the onboard rations.

bigwheel

Griff said:
Canned bacon has been around for years. When I lived in bush Alaska in the early 70s it was the only bacon available. Butter came in one pound blocks packed in a barrell of brine. The good old days weren't all good.

bigwheel said:
Agree with that Griff. Used to quaff a few with an old Tanker who served with Patton back during the Big War. He claimed the canned bacon was the tank crew's favorite part of the onboard rations.

bigwheel

Griff said:

C-Rats, those were the good old days. I liked the canned pork steaks. A little salty but you need the salt to keep hydrated. 8)

Back
Top Bottom