Need a little help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm getting ready to purchase a new tv! I'm looking for pros and cons on LCD vs. Plasma. Why you like it or why you don't. Thanks

I went with LCD because they don't have the glare issues that the plasmas can in certain light. I also think the LCDs have a crisper picture. You really need to look at them side by side and decide which picture you like best. I've got a 40 inch and a 52 inch Samsung LCD that I'm really happy with. I went to BestBuy to shop because they have the best selection here in this town. Then I looked at BestBuy.com and the same TV was $800 less and the salesman gave it to me for the internet price (I also bought surround sound receiver and speakers at the internet price). My brother-in-law had the BestBuy guy match a Costco price. I've been happy with them.

Dittos to whut Griff say. The Plasmas I have seen have a real reflective screen which means you cant hardly see the picture if you got lights on or the sun is streaming in toward the screen. I got LCD from Wally World. Cant think of the brand right now but seems like it starts with a V. Its not a huge one. We keep it in the bedroom.

bigwheel

I have a 32" Sharp LCD that doubles as a computer monitor. That's pretty much why I bought it. I have the HD package of channels and it is awesome. My next go around would be a plasma on it's own. Some friend's of mine picked up a 42" Phillips plasma this weekend and it is really nice. Great colors and the Xbox looks fabulous on it. They don't have a glare issue due to the location within the home. We both picked them up from Costco.

Random questions:
Do you currently have HD channels on your TV? Are you wanting to buy a TV with 1080? Concerned about how many & what ports you get? What components you have already? Have Blu Ray or getting a player soon?

Helen_Paradise said:

Random questions:
Do you currently have HD channels on your TV? YesAre you wanting to buy a TV with 1080? Yes
Concerned about how many & what ports you get? ?????What components you have already? Full surround sound
Have Blu Ray or getting a player soon? No & No

I just bought a 19in Sanyo lcd for my bus from Wally world...Nice crisp picture from front or sides..

Back
Top Bottom