Time for a vacuum sealer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big Ron1

Senior Cook
I am in the market for a vacuum sealer, but not sure which one to get. Please advise and include links and/or photos and models numbers. Father's day is coming up soon. . . Thanks!

I have a Foodsaver V2440 that I got at BJs about a year or so ago. It came with some canisters as well as the rolls of bags. I have been real happy with it. I have been using the generic rolls from Walmart cuz they are less expensive and seem to hold up well. I think I spent about $110 back then.
Hope that helps.

Go with the most expensive FoodSaver brand you can afford. The heavier duty the better.

I have a V2480 that I am starting to have issues with after a year or so of service.

I have the same thing as GH...got mine at BJ'S as well. I tried the Black and Decker bags but the waffling doesn't go all the way across so I never got a complete seal. I use the regular FS bags and have never had a problem.

These things should be standard issue for all of us that bbq!!

Bags are reusable. I seldom do, 'cause I'm not sure they're free of bacteria after I've washed them.

I agree with the best-you-can-afford advice. When I wasn't sure how committed I was going to be to this hobby I bought a $60 FoodSaver Vac 800 (now superseded), which has like zero features. It works, but I sometimes have trouble with seals not holding. It's on my long list of things to replace someday. I'll definitely go with another FoodSaver.

--John
(Related word of caution: I label above the seal with a Sharpie. Sometimes when I cut off the top I forget and leave it in the sink. Sharpie ink will transfer to the sink if you leave it there. Not good for spousal relations. :shock: )

Allied Kenco Sales

VACUUM%20MACHINES.jpg

There is a whole page at this site.

Up in smoke said:
Hey Cleglue,

how much was it at Costco?

Larry B

Click the link and you can see the Food Saver model. The price is $134.99. The local stores usually always have them in stock. You also get extra stuff than buying it from Walmart or Department stores.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom