Choices, choices.. which sirloin's are best?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thick is what I like to grill at very high temp. Salt and pepper is good enough.. Take some pictures too...

SSGT :D

Jbo, thick sirloins are my favorite and are a perfect candidate for the reverse sear. Here's a couple 2lb sirloins I did a while back.

I'm another sirloin lover. Ribeyes and Porterhouse are great, and I buy them a lot, but when I order a steak in a restaurant, it's usually top sirloin. Like Larry and SS say, look for -- or ask for -- nice thick ones.

--John

J-Bo I just notice Yer in Denham, Now we can have us a good party, you me & Ron,
BTW nice lookin steaks,

Go to the Winn Dixie on old hammond they only sell choice meat, If you want prime, calandros or maxwells market got it

j-bo said:
Welp... slim pickins at the store. All thin top sirloing... but............they still good.

I too order the cowboy cut at Texas Roadhouse, a nice center cut sirloin.

This is the 1st time using Kosher salt and I did it up just a wee too much. A bit salty, but still tasty tasty.

Those look great!! The over saltiness was probably due to the salt and Tony's combined, next time just use one or the other as the Tony's is full of salt already!

j-bo said:
I think it was too much of the salt. I only used a minor or just a quick flick of Tony's. But.. I know not to do it again. I'll just do a pinch of the kosher stuff. I was thinking of trying sea salt next time too.

JB.. I'm a choice guy, family of 5, can't afford the prime stuff's. :shock:

I see you are an HVAC owner. I used to do HVAC work for Harrels Heating and Air. Go to Acme in the am's off of S. Choctaw for supplies.

We allways looking for techs.... PM me

sea salt

That sea salt tastes saltier to me. I would stick with the kosher salt and pepper. They look great though! db

Back
Top Bottom