Ducks in the Pool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toby Keil

Executive Chef
Question for any of you who have pools, we have two ducks that are flying in at night and are pooping in the pool. We do have a dog but he’s really wimpy and wont go near the water. I’m going to try two inflatable swans (apparently they are natural enemies) and see if that works. I don’t want to harm them but if they continue to land in the pool, I may need to just shoot them and prep them for the Q. Yummmm smoked duck! Any ideas?

Toby keil said:
Question for any of you who have pools, we have two ducks that are flying in at night and are pooping in the pool. We do have a dog but he’s really wimpy and wont go near the water. I’m going to try two inflatable swans (apparently they are natural enemies) and see if that works. I don’t want to harm them but if they continue to land in the pool, I may need to just shoot them and prep them for the Q. Yummmm smoked duck! Any ideas?

Having the same issue Toby, I get two ducks(male & female of course)that use my pool as a stop over or rest area or whatever, every spring. Thankfully the cover is still on and they can't mess up the water...still a little chilly for lounging by the pool in Michigan.

Ahhhh ....... I've been told that pellet rifles might solve the problem.

Helen, do you mean the Alka Seltzer in the ball of bread trick?

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Griff said:
Ahhhh ....... I've been told that pellet rifles might solve the problem.

Helen, do you mean the Alka Seltzer in the ball of bread trick?
That's a dirty trick! :shock: ;) But it works. :LOL:

OMG seriously...while I didn't do this - honestly - BUT story time: Most CA schools are outdoors, as in you walk to your classroom where the door is outside. There are no corridors indoors. We ate lunch outside on the grass in elementary school unless it rained. In middle school we had this central outside eating area. The seagulls, since we were 10 miles from the beach, would perch on the gym next to the area. Kids would throw rocks or whatever up on the roof to get the gulls to fly over the eating tables for shits and giggles. We'd all yell, "SEAGULLS!!!!!" and scramble about looking for cover. A-S pellets were thrown around. The retarded seagulls would swoop down and eat the pellets. Next day...you'd find assort birds dead in the lunch area/fields.

Don't mess with middle schoolers.

Helen, do you mean the Alka Seltzer in the ball of bread trick?[/quote]
That's a dirty trick! :shock: ;) But it works. :LOL:[/quote]

You know if nothing else works then I’ll be forced to use the old Alka Seltzer trick. Thanks for all the suggestions, I’ll keep you updated as the battle moves into the weekend.

This works for me;

Air Arms TX200 with 24 power Leupold EFR scope at 950 fps, 1/8 minute of angle clicks. Super tuned by an Airgun smith in California. Can shoot the whole box of pellets through the same hole at 20yds. Has dropped rabbits at 65yds many times. Used it to win both Texas and Louisiana State field target championships and 3rd in the Nationals.

Almost no sound, one cock, one shot, one kill.

img_149497_0_b9e8b9bffcd2142425945986f0530ec8.jpg

Tony Soprano had that problem with his pool. Of course in NJ the ducks were trying to get away from the rat infested lakes. :LOL: Okay, calm down, relax, just kidding.

Bruce B said:
[quote="Toby keil":1jlezm97]Question for any of you who have pools, we have two ducks that are flying in at night and are pooping in the pool. We do have a dog but he’s really wimpy and wont go near the water. I’m going to try two inflatable swans (apparently they are natural enemies) and see if that works. I don’t want to harm them but if they continue to land in the pool, I may need to just shoot them and prep them for the Q. Yummmm smoked duck! Any ideas?

Having the same issue Toby, I get two ducks(male & female of course)that use my pool as a stop over or rest area or whatever, every spring. Thankfully the cover is still on and they can't mess up the water...still a little chilly for lounging by the pool in Michigan.[/quote:1jlezm97]

Every time I go to Bruce's I make it a point to make a deposit in his pool. Talk about "renowned Mr. Brown". :shock: I gotta think he's gonna figure it out though...bein' an ex cop and all. ;)

Back
Top Bottom