Transportation of Meat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dollarbill

Head Chef
When catering BBQ for a party of .......lets say 50 to 100 people, what is the best way to package and/or transport the pork shoulder or brisket if you are not cooking on site. Thank you for your help. db

The only thing I would add is I like to but some boiling water to my "redneck cambro" about 20 min before I put the meat in...then drain it wipe it down quick....and it's preheated. ;)

Only thing I would add is to get the 5 day extreme Coleman or similar from Igloo. Way cheaper than the "real thing" and work better than a regular ice chest. I've had butts too hot to handle at 4 hours when double foil wrapped and covered with towels. At $35.00, get two!

I use the Coleman 5 day coolers as well. I also line it with a heavy towel, and put another heavy towel over everything. Food will stay HOT for many hours in one of these! When I cook on site, which is 95% of the time, I put the foiled butts and briskets in one to hold for pulling/slicing. If you get alot of hot meat in one of these, it actually keeps cooking! Cambros are good because they are approved by most health depts while these are not. But, if you are not specifically licensed to transport hot/cold foods, it doesn't matter. The "redneck cambro" works just as well IMHO!

ha

Great point! I didnt even think about it still cooking if you filled it with meat. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......cooler filled with meat...................aaaaallllllllllgggggggggghhhhhhhh

I have kept meat in my cooler for over 4hours and it has been fine. I bet there are people here who have kept it longer with it being good too.

Chris

Be aware, that it will steam, or "braise," and will not be "competition" worthy, but the buying public will still love it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom