BBQ in Burbank California??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ddog27

Sous Chef
I have to take a business trip and I am staying in Burbank California. Does anyone know of any good BBQ in the area? Please let me know! Thanks!

ddog27 said:
I found this place online:

http://ribsusa.com/

I might try it. The pictures of the food look really good!
:star:

Interesting Dog. Two rules I try to live by though:

1. Stay away from restaurants that have USA in their name
2 Beware of restaurants with travelling magicians

LOL! :grin:

Good luck, and hold the tofu!

Let us know what you found when you get back about how it was!

Mom's has got potential, looks like an awful lot of sauce on those ribs and chicken though. Hopefully, not trying to hide something.

ddog27 said:
Kloset BBQR said:
ddog27 said:
This one also looks good one. And not to far away from where I am staying.

http://www.momsbarbq.com/

Now that one looks like a winner! Wonder what Mom looks like?

But if the name was USA Mom's BBQ stay away, right Kloset? :D :grin: :D :grin:

Absolutely, especially if Mom knows a few majic tricks! :grin:

That stuff looks way to saucy for me...perhaps they are trying to hide something!! :idea: :idea:

Look forward to your report!! :!:

Great minds think alike!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

:pickme: :pickme: :pickme: :pickme: :pickme: :pickme: :pickme: :pickme: :pickme: :pickme: :pickme: :pickme: :pickme: :pickme: :pickme: :pickme:

Ok i am in Burbank California and I have been here since Sunday night. I went and tried Ribs USA and it was not good. The ribs were baked and the sauce was really thin and had no flavor. So if you are in Burbank go somewhere else!!

Kloset was right! I will now live by his rule and avoid any eating establishment with USA in the name!!
:ack:

Now don't anyone get me wrong, I love the USA. Spent 21 years in military service defending it, but my theory is if you have to draw on a person's patriotism to eat your BBQ then the BBQ must me weak.

How was the magic act Dog?

You eating at Mom's tonight?

Kloset,

I went on Sunday night when I got here. So no magic for me! Actually the magic was gone when I tasted the ribs!!! :night:

Tonight I am going to try a place called, Dr Hogly Wogly's Tyler, Texas Barbecue. It comes highly recommended from some of the local BBQ fans.

I was told Mom's was a lot like Ribs USA. :badgrin:

Well, I wish you luck in finding quality BBQ in California. I couldn't even get a decent club sandwich when I was in San Diego. I had to order their Club sandwich off the menu and give specific instructions to hold the quacamole, substitue lettuce, hold the tofu, give me bacon, and finally hold the bean sprouts and give me lettuce.

Don't ever order anything with tofu in it.

Hope you have better luck but cutsey sounding names and good BBQ generally don't go together either! Hoggly Woggly? LOL!

Seriously, Dog, I hope it's good! Good luck to you and report back when you can!

Dr Hogly Wogly's Tyler, Texas Barbecue
Named for original owner Johnny Greene, who got his nickname in 1932 when he was a chubby delivery boy for a Piggly Wiggly market in Texas, this unassuming joint's decor is a comforting melange of Early American vinyl and Formica. Dive into tangy Texas hot links, way-above-average spareribs, tender chicken and juicy beef brisket. All the meat is smoked on the premises. You may be full, but you probably will have a tough time resisting the down-home pecan and sweet-potato pies.

I will let you know if it is any good! :D

Back
Top Bottom