Florida Leads The Way

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john a

Executive Chef
Another win for the 2nd Amendment. The “Bring Your Gun to Work” bill is sitting on the Governors desk waiting to be signed. It prohibits employers from not allowing Concealed Permit holders to leave their gun in the car while at work and parked on company property. Now we’re waiting for SCOTUS to rule on the big one.

That is great. In Alaska every citizen (except felons, insane, addicts, etc.) can carry concealed without needing a permit.

Some years back I used to do work on a paper machine control system at a plant in Patterson NJ. One bad assed area. The management let ALL employees bring a piece to work on the 2nd and 3rd shifts. Thats into the plant, so they could cover each other going to and from the parking lot across the street. They had Mutts running all around those streets.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zmTvAZvJ5Mc&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zmTvAZvJ5Mc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Unity said:
Nobody in Alaska can either. :(

--John
(John, it would have been good if that bill hadn't gotten that name attached to it. :shock: )

I know. The %$%^&** MSM hung that name on it for obvious reasons. It sailed through both houses in spite of that and massive opposition from the Disney, Universal, etc, pukes. I carry 24/7 (It's on the nightstand) and my boss knows it.

Cliff H. said:
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zmTvAZvJ5Mc&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zmTvAZvJ5Mc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Cliff, That's a great post, love it.

An article in todays WashPost says the number of CCW permits issued was up 60% this past year in Virginia, following VA Tech.

--John
(Volume might help explain why my renewal is late getting issued from Fairfax County. :evil: )

Jersey BBQ said:
Republicans pushing more regulation and big government solutions that trample on property / business owner rights. Interesting.

Fudge packing democrats have certainly done wonders in your state in stripping away residents 2nd amendment rights. Three cheers for the republicans!

Jersey BBQ said:
Republicans pushing more regulation and big government solutions that trample on property / business owner rights. Interesting.

Interesting, perceived business/property owners rights (What rights, where are they written, and by whom?) Vs the Constitution of the United States. BTW, I do not consider business owners, where the public has access to the property, and property owners, where the public does not have access to my home, one and the same.

The righrts to life and liberty supercedes all property property rights. My only problem with Florida and all states that issue CC (including mine) permits is that they are trying to license a right. Rights come from God, licenses come from government. Once they license a right it can be taken away for a minor or perceived infraction.

John A. said:
I'm having problems here today. Site makes me log in frequently, double posts, etc. Anyone else?

John, I think we have covered this like 100 times...you use AOL...IT is an AOL issue NOT a forum issue!

Greg Rempe said:
[quote="John A.":jg79whxa]I'm having problems here today. Site makes me log in frequently, double posts, etc. Anyone else?

John, I think we have covered this like 100 times...you use AOL...IT is an AOL issue NOT a forum issue![/quote:jg79whxa]

Nope, no AOL. It's IE through Brighthouse Broadband Cable.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom