I need Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swampsauce

Sous Chef
Wife wants to go to Disney World. Any suggestions, do's and dont's, where to stay, etc. Would like to save as much money as possible, still have to compete! We are going around Thanksgiving. thanks for any help ,Tim

Its gettin worse, now her mother wants to go. says she will help watch the baby.

The best advice I could give you is DON'T GO.

Saving money and going to Disney World is an oxymoron.

Have a nice trip!!!

swampsauce said:
Its gettin worse, now her mother wants to go. says she will help watch the baby.

Recipe for disaster...I don't care how nice a mother-in-law
she is.
Disneys is cool, but Universal Studios is better... Bush Gardens
is really cool too! I'd take either before going back to Disney again..
..just my $.02

Don't go, Don't go, Don't go!

Disnesy is the biggest rippoff in the history of mankind. It's a corrupt organization and hasnt' been the same since Walt died back in 1965.

It's built it's entire reuputation based on being a giant guilt trip to make parents think they are being good parents.

I remember when my son was little and we rented a stroller there for him.
We didn't have much money back then so things were tight. They made us put a $20 security deposit down on the stroller so we would bring it back. I didn't have a problem with that but when I returned the stroller they told me that the money was only refundable in Disney dollars that could be redeemed at their giftshop.

Take the money instead and invest it in your childs college education. It will be money much more well spent!

Suck it up dude, if your wife and MIL want to go you're going. Do not stay on the property, there's a million (Well, mayby not quite but a hell of a lot) much less expensive motels in Kissimmee. Eat a big breakfast and have the two gun bearers carry snacks in those suitcases slung over their shoulders so you do not get raped at the food places inside. Most you will have to buy there is soft drinks unless there is room for some bottled water alonside the snacks. For dinner in Kissimmee you have many choices from fast food to upscale. And most of all, do not enter the gift shops on property, you can get the same stuff off property for much less.

Shop at the local Disney store in a regular mall first. We stocked up before we went and we were seeing the same sweaters etc for 79.99 that we paid 19.99 for.

We had the complete meal package with ours and it was worth it. We got a great deal and stayed in the Carribean resort and it was great.

I think it is fun to go to Disney. But the sticker shock can hurt for sure.

Please plan ahead very carefully. If you book one of the moderate resorts they are just fine.

A long time ago my wife and I took our two grade school boys to Disney for a (1) day. The next day we went to Cape Canaveral. On the way back to our hotel I asked the boys if they wanted to go back to Disney the next day. They both said "why". We headed for south Florida from there. Disney is a guilt thing. You have no way out. :evil:

oh good grief... just go... put a crowbar on your wallet and spare no expense... take advantage of what the MIL has to offer... suck it up for a week... become a kid again during the day... get drunk as hell at night... after all... its for the kids

Back
Top Bottom