shoulder and ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rob D.

Senior Cook
o.k., just a clarification here. I'm gonna do a couple of racks of spares and a picnic shoulder saturday in my WSM. Should I put the ribs on the lower rack and the shoulder on top, or vice versa? I figure I can get some good dripping on the ribs this way, and they'll probably benefit from the lower temps. Will probably go with an oak/maple/apple wood combo.
Sound like a plan?

Rob

Good plan, Kev. I would probably do that normally, but I'm not concerned about the time factor (plus it's gonna be crappy weather), so I'll start saturday morning. The only concern I really have is to not be passed out towards the end of the cook. I might do some baked beans or ABT's later, so I'm gonna try to get the ribs done first....

Rob

txpgapro said:
I don't think it matters, as long as you let me know when their done! :!:

You might want to start driving now or tomorrow....You won't need any golf clubs, we only play the truest form, croquet.... :razz:

Rob

Kevin, no, I haven't gotten a chance to. Schedules were'nt compatible at the time, and then I ended gettin' some from my neighbor at the mill, which was kinda rare, since they rarely get any hickory. Couldn't pass up that nice kiln dried stuff. Have'nt really missed it though, having all the maple and oak I want....I really appreciate the help, though...

Rob

Back
Top Bottom